XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CyanogenMod Voice+ without CM

Tip us?

redeuxx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default CyanogenMod Voice+ without CM

I want to keep all the manufacturer features of the Moto X but would love to keep Google Voice integration that I had with CyanogenMod. Does anyone know if it us possible at all to get Voice+ on non-CM phone?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

c19932
Old
Thanks Meter 103
I am very very very interested in getting this to work as well. I've tried copying wappushmanager and voiceplus apks into the system app folder, but voice + just force closes on me. And I also believe that the moto x stock rom doesn't use the wappushmanager, which I think is how voiceplus works.

mattyv316
Old
Thanks Meter 3
+1. I am missing this as well. Loved cm on my gs3, but with the Moto X, I don't want to lose the Moto apps. GravityBox helped get back most of what I miss from cm, but getting Voice+ working is the last piece.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

SovietKommando
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by redeuxx View Post
I want to keep all the manufacturer features of the Moto X but would love to keep Google Voice integration that I had with CyanogenMod. Does anyone know if it us possible at all to get Voice+ on non-CM phone?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
If you're rooted, you can install CM App Installer from the Play Store. It allows you to install any of the apps bundled with CM, like DSP Manager, Torch, even Voice+. I used it to install Voice+ and Torch and both work great.

c19932
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietKommando View Post
If you're rooted, you can install CM App Installer from the Play Store. It allows you to install any of the apps bundled with CM, like DSP Manager, Torch, even Voice+. I used it to install Voice+ and Torch and both work great.
Voice + works on your stock rom? Cause it doesn't for me. It said android.permission.intercept_sms is missing.

mattyv316
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by c19932 View Post
Voice + works on your stock rom? Cause it doesn't for me. It said android.permission.intercept_sms is missing.
I get the same message

jhedfors
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Newly released XVoice+ works quite well to resolve this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2598889

Sent from my XT1053
The Following User Says Thank You to jhedfors For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

c19932
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhedfors View Post
Newly released XVoice+ works quite well to resolve this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2598889

Sent from my XT1053
Rejoice!!

redeuxx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
I held off on rooting my 4.4 Moto X ... but XVoice+ was just the right push I needed!