Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 52,073 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Launcher] Droid Ultra Launcher and Circle3DWidget

Tip us?

doitinthedirt
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ghiottone View Post
Locked bootloder, but rooted phone Not the name, the extension important. Only rooted device you will rename the .apk with rootexplorer or someone like that. I rename the extension to .apt so the system can not see the original .apk.
Yes I am on a verizon moto X locked boot but have root thru slapmymoto.. and I use a great file explorer named fx explorer and used it to change the moto x launcher to .apk.bak but the home screen wouldn't work after doing that.. but I could access previous pages so I pulled up downloads and tried running the three circles apps homescreen, weather and circles.. but they all failed. wonder if I can do this without an unlocked boot?

_ghiottone
Old
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt View Post
Yes I am on a verizon moto X locked boot but have root thru slapmymoto.. and I use a great file explorer named fx explorer and used it to change the moto x launcher to .apk.bak but the home screen wouldn't work after doing that.. but I could access previous pages so I pulled up downloads and tried running the three circles apps homescreen, weather and circles.. but they all failed. wonder if I can do this without an unlocked boot?
I see. I have XT1052 EU version, arrived with 4.4.2 and I'm root only after i unlocked the bootloader. That's why i asked the locked boot. If you dont have a 3rd party launcher (nova, apex, etc) it's dangerous to rename the only launcher.

To tell the truth another hungarian forum members tried the circles, but not suceeded. For me the MotLauncher more slower than the original and when the circles widget relod (step back to the main screen) it has slow respond + the clock not working. = wiped the apps and I use nova beta launcher with chronus.
Motorola Moto X 4.4.2 Stock with Multilang Pack --- " 'AANNG 'HOOT'" (= La verdad esta lejos de aqui)

lpjunior999
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Guys, this can be recreated with far less headache in Ultimate Custom Clock Widget, or Zooper Widget, or any kind of customer widgets.
Galaxy Nexus/Toro/AOKP Build 6
Kindle Fire CM10.1

doitinthedirt
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpjunior999 View Post
Guys, this can be recreated with far less headache in Ultimate Custom Clock Widget, or Zooper Widget, or any kind of customer widgets.
And here are the permissions those apps MUST HAVE.. some dipship designs an app and wants all of your personal info.. screw that.. no reason to need to know all of that stuff.. a nosy ass app developer

Identity
find accounts on the device

Contacts/Calendar
read calendar events plus confidential information
read your contacts

SMS
read your text messages (SMS or MMS)

Phone
directly call phone numbers
read call log

Photos/Media/Files
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
test access to protected storage

Other
access mail information

prevent device from sleeping

full network access

lpjunior999
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Isn't this installing the Droid Ultra Launcher into your /system/ folder? That's far more invasive. Those apps have those permissions because you can make widgets that display that information. It doesn't read it with impunity.
Galaxy Nexus/Toro/AOKP Build 6
Kindle Fire CM10.1

artur0588
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al936 View Post
In your updater-script you change permissions for all files in /system/app, /system/framework, /system/etc/permissions, /system/lib (you are using set_perm_recursive command for these directories), but you are installing only 7 files. It is not good idea to change permissions for files you are not installing. From my point of view you need to set permissions only for installed files and do not touch other files.
It's no matter. Anyhow all apps in this folders need 644 even i make script 7 files.
My ROMS:

LG Optimus G E975
ARTMOD - KitKat 4.4.2
ARTMOD - JB 4.1.2
HTC One M7
ARTROM - KitKat 4.4.2 Sense 6
Motorola Razr XT910
ARTMOD - JB 4.1.2