Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Launcher] Droid Ultra Launcher and Circle3DWidget

OP artur0588

5th July 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 25

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ghiottone

Locked bootloder, but rooted phone Not the name, the extension important. Only rooted device you will rename the .apk with rootexplorer or someone like that. I rename the extension to .apt so the system can not see the original .apk.

Yes I am on a verizon moto X locked boot but have root thru slapmymoto.. and I use a great file explorer named fx explorer and used it to change the moto x launcher to .apk.bak but the home screen wouldn't work after doing that.. but I could access previous pages so I pulled up downloads and tried running the three circles apps homescreen, weather and circles.. but they all failed. wonder if I can do this without an unlocked boot?
5th July 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #12  
Flag Miskolc
Thanks Meter: 101

154 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt

Yes I am on a verizon moto X locked boot but have root thru slapmymoto.. and I use a great file explorer named fx explorer and used it to change the moto x launcher to .apk.bak but the home screen wouldn't work after doing that.. but I could access previous pages so I pulled up downloads and tried running the three circles apps homescreen, weather and circles.. but they all failed. wonder if I can do this without an unlocked boot?

I see. I have XT1052 EU version, arrived with 4.4.2 and I'm root only after i unlocked the bootloader. That's why i asked the locked boot. If you dont have a 3rd party launcher (nova, apex, etc) it's dangerous to rename the only launcher.

To tell the truth another hungarian forum members tried the circles, but not suceeded. For me the MotLauncher more slower than the original and when the circles widget relod (step back to the main screen) it has slow respond + the clock not working. = wiped the apps and I use nova beta launcher with chronus.
6th July 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 3

45 posts
More
Guys, this can be recreated with far less headache in Ultimate Custom Clock Widget, or Zooper Widget, or any kind of customer widgets.
6th July 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 25

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpjunior999

Guys, this can be recreated with far less headache in Ultimate Custom Clock Widget, or Zooper Widget, or any kind of customer widgets.

And here are the permissions those apps MUST HAVE.. some dipship designs an app and wants all of your personal info.. screw that.. no reason to need to know all of that stuff.. a nosy ass app developer

Identity
find accounts on the device

Contacts/Calendar
read calendar events plus confidential information
read your contacts

SMS
read your text messages (SMS or MMS)

Phone
directly call phone numbers
read call log

Photos/Media/Files
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
test access to protected storage

Other
access mail information

prevent device from sleeping

full network access
8th July 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 3

45 posts
More
Isn't this installing the Droid Ultra Launcher into your /system/ folder? That's far more invasive. Those apps have those permissions because you can make widgets that display that information. It doesn't read it with impunity.
8th July 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kharkiv
Thanks Meter: 2,189

1,220 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al936

In your updater-script you change permissions for all files in /system/app, /system/framework, /system/etc/permissions, /system/lib (you are using set_perm_recursive command for these directories), but you are installing only 7 files. It is not good idea to change permissions for files you are not installing. From my point of view you need to set permissions only for installed files and do not touch other files.

It's no matter. Anyhow all apps in this folders need 644 even i make script 7 files.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread