Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,618 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] 4.4.2 Multilanguages packs (XT1053, XT1052)

Tip us?

_ghiottone
Old
(Last edited by _ghiottone; 18th June 2014 at 02:37 PM.) Reason: added XT1052 GB.- roms
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89

DONATE TO ME
Default [MOD] 4.4.2 Multilanguages packs (XT1053, XT1052)

Dear Moto X Owners!

There is a Multilanguage pack, which is a flashable zip. Originally the modification is made for the mobilarena.hu Motorola Moto X community, and first contained only the Hungarian language but I decided that is possible to add the majority of languages (37 new language)

+ I use the languages files from the European firmware (thanks sanez), modified the first version of Multilang package and here it is the US_EU Multilang package

The packages works only on 161.44.25.en.US rom.

Flash via custom recovery - with install zip command.
Made for the 161.44.25.ghost_row.Retail.en.US ROM If you flash any other official rom you may have a bootloop! Used with unlocked Bootloader only!

- Extra features (active display, touchless control etc.) remained in original English language.
- Used the Nexus 4 application folders (values, xmls, etc) for the modifications.
- I dont touch the camera and the calendar apps, because it is often updated.
- With the modified application the updates will not work. Here it is the original apps - flash via cwm. - When it roll out a Motorola Moto X firmware update you need to flash the original files, and update it via OTA.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

The packages works only on 163.43.3.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB rom.
This rom was in my Moto X when i bought from expansys.

Made for the 163.43.3.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB ROM If you flash any other official rom you may have a bootloop! Used with unlocked Bootloader only!

Here it is the 163.43.3.en.GB Multilang Pack

With the modified application the updates will not work. Here it is the original apps - flash via cwm. - When it roll out a Motorola Moto X firmware update you need to flash the original files, and update it via OTA.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

The packages works only on 161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB rom.

Made for the 161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB ROM If you flash any other official rom you may have a bootloop! Used with unlocked Bootloader only!

Here it is the 161.44.16.en.GB Multilang Pack

With the modified application the updates will not work. Here it is the original apps - flash via cwm. - When it roll out a Motorola Moto X firmware update you need to flash the original files, and update it via OTA.

I do not take any responsibility. Use at your own risk.

If you liked this modification press the thank button or the Donate button.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-26-21-56-48.png
Views:	511
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	2605067   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-26-21-57-00.png
Views:	419
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	2605068   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-26-21-57-14.png
Views:	372
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	2605069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-26-22-08-11.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	2605071  
Motorola Moto X 4.4.4 Stock with Multilang Pack --- " 'AANNG 'HOOT'" (= La verdad esta lejos de aqui)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to _ghiottone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sanez
Old
(Last edited by sanez; 28th February 2014 at 12:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ghiottone View Post
Dear Moto X Owners!

There is a Multilanguage pack, which is a flashable zip. Originally the modification is made for the mobilarena.hu Motorola Moto X community, and first contained only the Hungarian language but I decided that is possible to add the majority of languages (37 new language)

Made for the 161.44.25.ghost_row.Retail.en.US ROM If you flash any other official rom you may have a bootloop! Used with unlocked Bootloader only!

- Extra features (active display, touchless control etc.) remained in original English language.
- Used the Nexus 4 application folders (values, xmls, etc) for the modifications.
- I dont touch the camera and the calendar apps, because it is often updated.
- With the modified application the updates will not work. Here it is the original apps - flash via cwm. - When it roll out a Motorola Moto X firmware update you need to flash the original files, and update it via OTA.

I do not take any responsibility. Use at your own risk.

If you liked this modification press the thank button or the Donate button.

Why not to use all the apps from european firmware? This could let working active screen and touchless control, isn't it?
I know that those apps have limited language translation, but anyway some more than US firmware.
I'm running now on a european firmware and languages and all the apps are fine. I would like anyway to use us_retail firmware and this mod on my US devices.

Here the list of available languages on RETAIL-EU_GHOST_KLA20.16-2.16 firmware. All motorola apps including touch-less control works german and italian too. Don't know if some more... But this should solve problem for updates from play, at least for these languages.
If it works, i would like to make a flashable firmware based on US retail FW for all the europeans that bought their moto x from USA.

here the fw version Blur_Version.161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.EU
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eu_values_list.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	2605554  

_ghiottone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanez View Post
Why not to use all the apps from european firmware? This could let working active screen and touchless control, isn't it?
I know that those apps have limited language translation, but anyway some more than US firmware.
I'm running now on a european firmware and languages and all the apps are fine. I would like anyway to use us_retail firmware and this mod on my US devices.

Here the list of available languages on RETAIL-EU_GHOST_KLA20.16-2.16 firmware. All motorola apps including touch-less control works german and italian too. Don't know if some more... But this should solve problem for updates from play, at least for these languages.
If it works, i would like to make a flashable firmware based on US retail FW for all the europeans that bought their moto x from USA.

here the fw version Blur_Version.161.44.16.ghost_row.Retail.en.EU
Its simple: I dont have the apps from the retail.en.EU, only the Developer Edition rom apps. And adding the Hungarian language was the main reason. Send me the apps and I integrate to this modification.
Motorola Moto X 4.4.4 Stock with Multilang Pack --- " 'AANNG 'HOOT'" (= La verdad esta lejos de aqui)

sanez
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Its simple: I dont have the apps from the retail.en.EU, only the Developer Edition rom apps. And adding the Hungarian language was the main reason. Send me the apps and I integrate to this modification.
here the app package

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1f...it?usp=sharing

_ghiottone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I use that files from the European firmware, modified the first version of Multilang package and here it is the new US_EU Multilang package

Works only on 161.44.25.en.US rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to _ghiottone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sanez
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
I use that files from the European firmware, modified the first version of Multilang package and here it is the new US_EU Multilang package

I will try it later.
Thanks

Sent from my XT1052dev using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sanez
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:

several languages are missing from this framework-res.apk.
I'm trying to rebuild a new framework but i can't... i'm doing something wrong with advanced apktool or editing the framework...

_ghiottone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
several languages are missing from this framework-res.apk.
I'm trying to rebuild a new framework but i can't... i'm doing something wrong with advanced apktool or editing the framework...
You send the apps, but the framework wasnt there in the package. What do you want with the framework?

sanez
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
You send the apps, but the framework wasnt there in the package. What do you want with the framework?
Here the framework apk included on EU firmware. I didn't send because I thought was not necessary.

My problem with framewark-res.apk is that i don't now exactly how to edit it.
I'm doing this way, using TMO framework:
1st decompiling framework
2nd editing (here i only push raw and values folder with languages to be included; there's some other file to push or edit??).
3rd re-compiling
4th signing
5th zipaligning

None of the framework i built worked. at boot i can see pop up saying android upgrading and after short time, the screen becomes black.
I've tried to search how to fix and i guess the problem is the signature. So i tried to inject signature files took from your framework but din't solve.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z framework-res.7z - [Click for QR Code] (5.61 MB, 4 views)

_ghiottone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 89

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Here the framework apk included on EU firmware. I didn't send because I thought was not necessary.

My problem with framewark-res.apk is that i don't now exactly how to edit it.
I'm doing this way, using TMO framework:
1st decompiling framework
2nd editing (here i only push raw and values folder with languages to be included; there's some other file to push or edit??).
3rd re-compiling
4th signing
5th zipaligning

None of the framework i built worked. at boot i can see pop up saying android upgrading and after short time, the screen becomes black.
I've tried to search how to fix and i guess the problem is the signature. So i tried to inject signature files took from your framework but din't solve.
Are you use the advanced apktool that i mentioned on the Moto G thread? I think you overcomplicated. If you use the advancedapktool you must copy the necessery systemUI.pk + framework-res.apk to the 1. folder (DB-freak i quess) and after you install the framework-res.apk and everything works properly.