XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][VZW] 4.4.2 AOSP-like Status Bar

Tip us?

themcfly
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackers8199 View Post
As far as I can see, nothing - except an option to switch from the 4G icon to the LTE icon (that's what I'm working on now)...

Edit: what I was referring to with my "only changes the icon" was some people earlier in the thread talking about messing with the battery icons (which I thought I remembered the original version for 4.4 doing). This doesn't do any of that...just gets rid of the ugly Verizon 4g icon.
Will this exposed module you're working on be universal? I'm on an european XT1052 and would also like to get the AOSP icons.

Thanks.

crackers8199
Old
(Last edited by crackers8199; 9th March 2014 at 11:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by themcfly View Post
Will this exposed module you're working on be universal? I'm on an european XT1052 and would also like to get the AOSP icons.

Thanks.
i can't say for sure...i only have the moto x to test on. it should work though on any phone that uses the three bools that were described in the OP of this thread (before for some reason they were deleted)...

<bool name="config_enable_carrier_custom_icons">true</bool>
<bool name="config_enable_carrier_custom_mappings">true</bool>
<bool name="config_enable_carrier_wide_icons">true</bool>

this is what the three lines that need to be changed in SystemUI/res/values/bools.xml will look like...they need to be flipped to false to get rid of the verizon 4g icon and use the aosp ones (at least on the moto x vzw variant). All my module does is flip those three resources (via xposed) without having to hack SystemUI directly...

crackers8199
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by themcfly View Post

Thanks.
in the thread i created for my module, someone confirmed it works on a stock Moto G in germany...so based on that i would guess that it should work for you with the european moto x. but, i can't confirm that...so if you want to give it a shot and report back, i'll update the confirmed working list. make a backup first though, in case something unexpected happens or something goes haywire...

chaoslimits
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackers8199 View Post
in the thread i created for my module, someone confirmed it works on a stock Moto G in germany...so based on that i would guess that it should work for you with the european moto x. but, i can't confirm that...so if you want to give it a shot and report back, i'll update the confirmed working list. make a backup first though, in case something unexpected happens or something goes haywire...
It should work on any Moto 4.4.2 build. The boolean toggles are added by Motorola so don't expect this to work on non-Moto phones.
Edit: The mod should be done separately for each phone; the systemUI's are very different from phone to phone (for example xt1053 to xt1060).
Moto Droid X (sold) > Samsung Galaxy (sold) > Moto X Dev ED
Useful post, there's a THANKS button for that

crackers8199
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoslimits View Post
It should work on any Moto 4.4.2 build. The boolean toggles are added by Motorola so don't expect this to work on non-Moto phones.
Edit: The mod should be done separately for each phone; the systemUI's are very different from phone to phone (for example xt1053 to xt1060).
Right, obviously if you're using the systemui mod in this thread, it needs to be matched to your specific phone...if you're using the xposed module, it should work on any moto.
Tags
aosp, mod, moto x, status bar