However, that appears to only apply to 4.4. I installed Gummy rom which is on 4.4.2, and flashing that zip just caused a bootloop (because the framework-res.apk had changed).
Well after further digging, I ended up finding a fix over in the Nexus 5 forums (Specifically, this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=70)
EDIT: The following worked for me on gummy ROM. So I think this is the fix for AOSP based ROMs. Read further down for the stock based solution discovered by pelebkf
So, long story short, in order to get your native tethering to bypass the T-Mobile redirect page, you want to:
Download SQLite Editor: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...qleditor&hl=en
(If you don't want to spend $3, you could transfer the file mentioned below to your computer and do it on an sqlite editor there. The free sqlite editors in the market didn't work for me. This one worked like a charm)
EDIT: This free sqlite editor has been claimed to work fine as well: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...qleditor&hl=en
Open the following file in SQLite Editor (or transfer to computer and open there): /data/data/com.android.provider.settings/databases/settings.db
Open the "global" table and add the following entry:
Back out of the app and reboot, and then tethering should be working fine!
Stock based ROM method (give a thanks to pelebkf for figuring this out!)
Go to Settings-> "More..." (under Data Usage) -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names
Click the APN "T-Mobile US LTE", scroll down to "APN Type", click that, and add ",dun" to the end of the list (so the list should say "default,mms,supl,hipri,fota,dun") then hit okay. You should be set now!