Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[MOD][VZW] Stock 4.4.2 - Battery Text + Wireless Tether + 4-way Reboot + More

OP roeblatt3

18th March 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 61

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartv427

I see thanks for the info i didn't know that. I would very much like 4 way reboot menu + Native Wireless Tether but not if it's to much trouble

You'll need both android.policy.jar (Reboot menu) and framework-res.apk (Native Wireless tether) from the zip. Only things that framework-res.apk has in addition to tether are disabled Safe Media Volume and enabled CRT animation. SystemUI has all the statusbar mods. Does that work for you?
18th March 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 4

96 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roeblatt3

You'll need both android.policy.jar (Reboot menu) and framework-res.apk (Native Wireless tether) from the zip. Only things that framework-res.apk has in addition to tether are disabled Safe Media Volume and enabled CRT animation. SystemUI has all the statusbar mods. Does that work for you?

Sure will Thanks
27th March 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 209

665 posts
More
Not sure what's wrong with my phone but everytime I try and flash the zip and reboot I get the "unforturnetly your systemui has stopped working" or something like that. Tried it twice. Once after a clean data wipe and restart.
27th March 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #14  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 61

30 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebretz000

Not sure what's wrong with my phone but everytime I try and flash the zip and reboot I get the "unforturnetly your systemui has stopped working" or something like that. Tried it twice. Once after a clean data wipe and restart.

I think the data wipe is your problem. I had that problem also initially when I did a data wipe and tried to install. Reinstall the original, boot up fully, then reboot recovery and install the mod WITHOUT clearing data or cache.
Last edited by roeblatt3; 28th March 2014 at 03:01 AM.
28th March 2014, 12:58 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 209

665 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roeblatt3

I think the data wipe is your problem. I had that problem also initially when I did a data wipe and tried to install. Reinstall the original, boot up fully, then reboot recovery and install the mod WITHOUT clearing data or cache.

Oh.. okay. I tried to wipe cache both times. Thanks.

The clean data wipe, I restarted and signed in before rebooting and trying again.
30th March 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #16  
Flag Twin Falls
Thanks Meter: 15

159 posts
More
Anybody else get this to work on a Dev unit running art?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

I could not get it to boot running stock, rooted 4.4.2 with art enabled

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
1st April 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
I tried it with and without clearing the cache and keep getting the system error. Tried several times and can't get it to work.

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app
10th May 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Would it be possible to get a version with only CRT-animation enabled? It would be nice.
13th May 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Lightbulb
Answering my own question: it is possible. One needs to edit framework-res.apk to change the value "config_animateScreenLights" in res\values\bool.xml from "true" to false. Also I changed ".field private static final USE_ELECTRON_BEAM_ON_ANIMATION:Z" to "true" in services.jar, but this alone didn't work and I didn't try without this, so I'm not sure whether it is necessary.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.2, battery, mod, moto x, tether
Previous Thread Next Thread