Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 44,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][VZW] Stock 4.4.2 - Battery Text + Wireless Tether + 4-way Reboot + More

Tip us?

roeblatt3
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartv427 View Post
I see thanks for the info i didn't know that. I would very much like 4 way reboot menu + Native Wireless Tether but not if it's to much trouble
You'll need both android.policy.jar (Reboot menu) and framework-res.apk (Native Wireless tether) from the zip. Only things that framework-res.apk has in addition to tether are disabled Safe Media Volume and enabled CRT animation. SystemUI has all the statusbar mods. Does that work for you?

hartv427
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by roeblatt3 View Post
You'll need both android.policy.jar (Reboot menu) and framework-res.apk (Native Wireless tether) from the zip. Only things that framework-res.apk has in addition to tether are disabled Safe Media Volume and enabled CRT animation. SystemUI has all the statusbar mods. Does that work for you?
Sure will Thanks
Moto X XT1060 DE VZW

rebretz000
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Not sure what's wrong with my phone but everytime I try and flash the zip and reboot I get the "unforturnetly your systemui has stopped working" or something like that. Tried it twice. Once after a clean data wipe and restart.

roeblatt3
Old
(Last edited by roeblatt3; 28th March 2014 at 02:01 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebretz000 View Post
Not sure what's wrong with my phone but everytime I try and flash the zip and reboot I get the "unforturnetly your systemui has stopped working" or something like that. Tried it twice. Once after a clean data wipe and restart.
I think the data wipe is your problem. I had that problem also initially when I did a data wipe and tried to install. Reinstall the original, boot up fully, then reboot recovery and install the mod WITHOUT clearing data or cache.

rebretz000
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by roeblatt3 View Post
I think the data wipe is your problem. I had that problem also initially when I did a data wipe and tried to install. Reinstall the original, boot up fully, then reboot recovery and install the mod WITHOUT clearing data or cache.
Oh.. okay. I tried to wipe cache both times. Thanks.

The clean data wipe, I restarted and signed in before rebooting and trying again.

bigmook
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Anybody else get this to work on a Dev unit running art?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

I could not get it to boot running stock, rooted 4.4.2 with art enabled

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Serg_32
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I tried it with and without clearing the cache and keep getting the system error. Tried several times and can't get it to work.

Sent from my XT1060 using xda app-developers app

ftor_s
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Would it be possible to get a version with only CRT-animation enabled? It would be nice.

ftor_s
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Answering my own question: it is possible. One needs to edit framework-res.apk to change the value "config_animateScreenLights" in res\values\bool.xml from "true" to false. Also I changed ".field private static final USE_ELECTRON_BEAM_ON_ANIMATION:Z" to "true" in services.jar, but this alone didn't work and I didn't try without this, so I'm not sure whether it is necessary.

Tags
4.4.2, battery, mod, moto x, tether