[APP] Razr M Camera

OP Jersey846

1st July 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 208

711 posts
Basically the only complaint I've ever read remotely negative about the Moto X is the camera. I'm not sure if it's the stock camera app or the actual hardware that makes our camera a bit lackluster. I do remember really enjoying the stock Moto camera I had with my Razr M (ICS). I successfully backed it up and installed it onto my X. I will be using it for a bit to see if I can get some of the same quality photos I liked on the M. Figured I'd share the APK in case anybody else wanted to try this too. You may want to backup your stock Moto Camera app first. Enjoy!

Box: https://app.box.com/s/bmgmdhj4r4xo80ik0q2v

Sent from my Moto X
Last edited by Jersey846; 2nd July 2014 at 10:30 PM.
1st July 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Do I have to delete the stock camera first? I tried to install here without deleting and it did not work.
1st July 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington DC

711 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunolzd

Do I have to delete the stock camera first? I tried to install here without deleting and it did not work.

I restored it from Titanium Backup originally and it did copy over the Moto X cam.. So yeah.. Backup then delete and see how the cam works for you.

Sent from my Moto X
1st July 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey846

I restored it from Titanium Backup originally and it did copy over the Moto X cam.. So yeah.. Backup then delete and see how the cam works for you.

Sent from my Moto X

Ok, thanks. I'll try it
1st July 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington DC

711 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunolzd

Ok, thanks. I'll try it

Everybody's app preferences are different too. It may feel a little dated, but I remember trying out something like 6 camera apps.. At great length.. And this one always took the best HDR quality images on the M. Not sure how it'll do with the X but I'll be using it for a while to see.

Sent from my Moto X
1st July 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington DC

711 posts
Quick note, I specifically prefer the HDR mode on this cam above any other HDR I've personally used on an Android. So be sure to check that out. I feel like the color and shading is better than others.

Sent from my Moto X
1st July 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 25

243 posts
Where is the app located on the razr M? I pulled google maps off my razr m and deleted the new version on my moto x and installed the much better older version that came on my razr M. I like the camera on the M better to i will pull it off my M. wish the circles would work on the moto x that is a nice feature
1st July 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington DC

711 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt

Where is the app located on the razr M? I pulled google maps off my razr m and deleted the new version on my moto x and installed the much better older version that came on my razr M. I like the camera on the M better to i will pull it off my M. wish the circles would work on the moto x that is a nice feature

What I originally did was back it up with Titanium on the M. Then I restored it in the X. When I installed it in the X I was able to back it up as an APK through Astro. For some reason the M wouldn't allow me to back it up as an APK. as for that circles widget.. I loved it.. Would love to see it evolve if possible. Very cool widget.

Sent from my Moto X
1st July 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 25

243 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey846

What I originally did was back it up with Titanium on the M. Then I restored it in the X. When I installed it in the X I was able to back it up as an APK through Astro. For some reason the M wouldn't allow me to back it up as an APK. as for that circles widget.. I loved it.. Would love to see it evolve if possible. Very cool widget.

Sent from my Moto X

I dont use titanium backup.. I use a file explorer and copy or click share file via email and shoot it to my email account and download the app that way to my other phone.. so you don't know the directory where the cam app is on the razr M? I can dig around and try to find in than
1st July 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Washington DC

711 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doitinthedirt

I dont use titanium backup.. I use a file explorer and copy or click share file via email and shoot it to my email account and download the app that way to my other phone.. so you don't know the directory where the cam app is on the razr M? I can dig around and try to find in than

No sorry I don't. You could always just download the apk I posted above though.

Sent from my Moto X
Last edited by Jersey846; 1st July 2014 at 11:13 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread