(REQ) Flashable power menu

Search This thread

gokart2

Sep 21, 2011
Detroit
Moto Z2 Force
Google Pixel 6
Was going to give this a whirl myself, but I've had zero time lately. Wife has been drilling me left and right with house and yard work. Anyway, enough of the whining.

Was hoping someone could come up with a flashable extended power menu, that has REBOOT, REBOOT TO RECOVERY, AND REBOOT TO BOOTLOADER added. I know there's an Xposed module, but I hate using Xposed as I've always had issues and lag. I appear to be the only one it seems. Regardless, a flashable with these options has proven very handy on past devices running stock ROM.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Was going to give this a whirl myself, but I've had zero time lately. Wife has been drilling me left and right with house and yard work. Anyway, enough of the whining.

Was hoping someone could come up with a flashable extended power menu, that has REBOOT, REBOOT TO RECOVERY, AND REBOOT TO BOOTLOADER added. I know there's an Xposed module, but I hate using Xposed as I've always had issues and lag. I appear to be the only one it seems. Regardless, a flashable with these options has proven very handy on past devices running stock ROM.

Hmm, the xposed module "Gravity Box" has this option and works great for me...no lag at all. Which module did you try?

gokart2

Sep 21, 2011
Detroit
Moto Z2 Force
Google Pixel 6
Hmm, the xposed module "Gravity Box" has this option and works great for me...no lag at all. Which module did you try?

That one and the reboot menu specific one. Most people don't notice any xposed issues it at all. I for one do. Very high attention to detail....hasn't always been a good thing. Regardless, having an APK or "module" that goes through a hack process will never work as well as it being coded in the actual system apk. Are Xposed processes easy and for the masses......yes. Are they the right way to do things.....no.

ramon20

That one and the reboot menu specific one. Most people don't notice any xposed issues it at all. I for one do. Very high attention to detail....hasn't always been a good thing. Regardless, having an APK or "module" that goes through a hack process will never work as well as it being coded in the actual system apk. Are Xposed processes easy and for the masses......yes. Are they the right way to do things.....no.

well :) like you i don't prefer the xposed, i prefer the modding! so, in my rom have the power menu reboot! you can install they!

gokart2

Sep 21, 2011
Detroit
Moto Z2 Force
Google Pixel 6
well :) like you i don't prefer the xposed, i prefer the modding! so, in my rom have the power menu reboot! you can install they!

At least you learn something by modding. I looked over your thread and don't feel comfortable flashing it on my American Sprint phone. I seen it has data issues with Sprint, and I don't have the time to debug problems at the moment. Also, in the past I've had BIG issues after flashing a T-Mobile ROM and firmware on my Sprint device. Caused way too many problems and I am very hesitant to do it again. Thanks for your work though!:good:

I figure I'll get around to it anyway. Probably after the next Android update.....

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
This is one of the easiest things to do as far as smali hacking goes, and there are countless guides for other devices that I've seen on how to do it. Maybe none specifically for 4.4.2, but the back-end code is still going to be the same thing that goes in, as it has been for several versions of Android. I'd say it's going to take you longer to get the proper tools to do the changes, than actually making them.

ramon20

At least you learn something by modding. I looked over your thread and don't feel comfortable flashing it on my American Sprint phone. I seen it has data issues with Sprint, and I don't have the time to debug problems at the moment. Also, in the past I've had BIG issues after flashing a T-Mobile ROM and firmware on my Sprint device. Caused way too many problems and I am very hesitant to do it again. Thanks for your work though!:good:

I figure I'll get around to it anyway. Probably after the next Android update.....

if you give me your android-policy.jar and framework-res.apk i can make a zip flasheable! i have saw the changelog of the android 4.4.3 and not have the reboot menu kkkkkkk

gokart2

Sep 21, 2011
Detroit
Moto Z2 Force
Google Pixel 6
This is one of the easiest things to do as far as smali hacking goes, and there are countless guides for other devices that I've seen on how to do it. Maybe none specifically for 4.4.2, but the back-end code is still going to be the same thing that goes in, as it has been for several versions of Android. I'd say it's going to take you longer to get the proper tools to do the changes, than actually making them.

I have the tools already, and have read a few ICS and JB articles on the subject. Just haven't had the time. And I only have about 1.5GB left on my hard drive, which is limiting me from trying other things as well.....

Exactly what lag do you notice after modifying the power menu?
I notice lag/stuttering whenever I use xposed framework, not modifying an apk. Have tried the reboot menu module, gravity box module, and the hot spot module. Have tried them alone, and together. As soon as I remove xposed or reflash the firmware, my issues stop. Have tried a few different versions of xposed as well. Same thing every time. There are others I've briefly talked to who notice the same issues, on different devices.

Xposed is a great option to have, but it's not for me.

tekanina

Jan 14, 2013
Baltimore
@ramon20 hey man, if you could make me a flashable zip for the basic advanced reboot on stock ROM I would be eternally grateful. I hate the xposed version I feel they look cheap. Here's a link to frameworkres.apk and androidpolicy.jar for unlocked gsm xt1053. This version of frameworkres has safe headset volume removed if you need the original please let me know.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ramon20

@ramon20 hey man, if you could make me a flashable zip for the basic advanced reboot on stock ROM I would be eternally grateful. I hate the xposed version I feel they look cheap. Here's a link to frameworkres.apk and androidpolicy.jar for unlocked gsm xt1053. This version of frameworkres has safe headset volume removed if you need the original please let me know.

Where stay the link? No, i don't need the original, you can give me this framework, and if you want, i can disable too the notification of the keyboard. The notification that apper in the status bar when the keyboard is open.

Reactions: tekanina

scorpion667

Jul 26, 2011
Toronto
I have the tools already, and have read a few ICS and JB articles on the subject. Just haven't had the time. And I only have about 1.5GB left on my hard drive, which is limiting me from trying other things as well.....

I notice lag/stuttering whenever I use xposed framework, not modifying an apk. Have tried the reboot menu module, gravity box module, and the hot spot module. Have tried them alone, and together. As soon as I remove xposed or reflash the firmware, my issues stop. Have tried a few different versions of xposed as well. Same thing every time. There are others I've briefly talked to who notice the same issues, on different devices.

Xposed is a great option to have, but it's not for me.

That's exactly why I never use exposed. I tested across multiple Moto X, 4.2.2 and 4.4.2 and it's always the same =(

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

tekanina

Jan 14, 2013
Baltimore
Where stay the link? No, i don't need the original, you can give me this framework, and if you want, i can disable too the notification of the keyboard. The notification that apper in the status bar when the keyboard is open.

I'm sorry I forgot to add it. Yes that would be fine if you disabled that as well. Thank you. Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6k9flm8lvmy0a0/XT1053_443_frameworkres_androidpolicy.zip

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011
I have noticed it as well with xposed its not terrible but noticeable.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

adm1jtg

Jul 26, 2010
Georgia
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6

I know this isnt what you were asking for per say but have you tried using the market apk called quick boot?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siriusapplications.quickboot

Or The method I use is power toggles which i think also has all those reboot features as options
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.painless.pc

Update: was wrong power toggles only has reboot and shutdown menu as options

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts