5,597,198 Members 43,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Request) Inverted Mms.apk and Gmail.apk

Tip us?

hackercity
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I also tried via RE. I renamed the existing .apk to .bak, changed permissions and rebooted. The app opens fine. I type something in and when I hit send it disappears.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

piskr
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRo80 View Post
I can't seem to find Google Now Search or Play Store in the system to rename or copy the Blacked Out one to. What folder would they be in. I looked everywhere that I could think of.
They are in the system/priv-app folder. Google now search is under the name Velvet.apk and Play store is Phonesky.apk. Be sure that you retain the original apps somewhere to enable recovery if something goes wrong. No hassle with Play store, I've already replaced it and I'm attaching the respective file (transparent) but replacing Google now could be kinda tricky.

I'm also attaching the whole black bubbled MMS. The replacing procedure is as usual.

If you haven't heard yet guys, Motorola was sold to Chinese today, to Lenovo. Hope that it'll retain all its advantages. Good luck Motorola.
Attached Files
File Type: zip black1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.74 MB, 12 views)

DanRo80
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by piskr View Post
They are in the system/priv-app folder. Google now search is under the name Velvet.apk and Play store is Phonesky.apk. Be sure that you retain the original apps somewhere to enable recovery if something goes wrong. No hassle with Play store, I've already replaced it and I'm attaching the respective file (transparent) but replacing Google now could be kinda tricky.

I'm also attaching the whole black bubbled MMS. The replacing procedure is as usual.

If you haven't heard yet guys, Motorola was sold to Chinese today, to Lenovo. Hope that it'll retain all its advantages. Good luck Motorola.
Thanks. Can I simply pull the apk out of the zipped ones since I don't have an unlocked boatloader and can't flash them?

I was really disappointed to hear that Google was selling to Lenovo.
Motorola Moto X - 32GB TMO XT1053 - Rooted - Stock 4.4 w/ some Xposed Modules
Asus Transformer TF700 - 64GB w/ keyboard dock - Unlocked, Rooted - running CMB 4.4.2 w/ some Xposed Modules
Nexus 7 - 32GB 3G TMO - Unlocked, Rooted - Stock 4.4.2 w/ some Xposed Modules

piskr
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Yes, you can simply pull them from ZIP files and push them to appropriate folder, change permissions an reboot.

DroidJunk
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackercity View Post
I also tried via RE. I renamed the existing .apk to .bak, changed permissions and rebooted. The app opens fine. I type something in and when I hit send it disappears.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
I honestly have no idea. This is stock with only the addition of the color options. Are you using any other mods that might interact with it (ie xposed modules)? When you say disappears... What is that? A force close or it just no longer is visible? If a FC then a logcat should show the error. Sorry your having problems with it.

DanRo80
Old
(Last edited by DanRo80; 31st January 2014 at 10:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by piskr View Post
Great, Thank You. I found the files now. I didn't know the names of the files.
Motorola Moto X - 32GB TMO XT1053 - Rooted - Stock 4.4 w/ some Xposed Modules
Asus Transformer TF700 - 64GB w/ keyboard dock - Unlocked, Rooted - running CMB 4.4.2 w/ some Xposed Modules
Nexus 7 - 32GB 3G TMO - Unlocked, Rooted - Stock 4.4.2 w/ some Xposed Modules

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 936
Man. About time. Battery is gonna improve a lot.

Sent from my XT1053 using HoFo mobile app.