Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Collection of Moto Boot Services Animations and Logo files (for UNLOCKED bootloaders)

OP KidJoe

23rd September 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Thorndale/Romansville, PA
Thanks Meter: 911

2,174 posts
More
NOTE: these files are formatted for phones who are running 4.4, 4.4.2, 4.4.3 or 4.4.4. If your phone has any other version, or the bootloader from an older version, these may not work for you!! (see the bottom of this post for bootloader versions)

For those who have a LOCKED bootloader, Motorola Boot Services apk will update the CLOGO and Boot Animations seasonally and on a timed basis (they revert back to "stock" after a certain date).

But what if you've unlocked your bootloader (since you wont see the new CLOGO)? Or what if you want to keep that boot animation after its time is up? Well, that is where this thread comes in...

I've made LOGO.BIN files for those with UNLOCKED bootloaders (removes the Unlocked bootloader Warning, and replaces it with the seasonal CLOGO's graphic), and flashable boot animation files to use stand alone and will paste them here if/when new ones come out.

Boot Animations... (NOTE: Verizon users who flash these will NOT see Verizon's part of the animation )
Fall 2013 (also used Fall 2014)
Winter 2013
April Fools 2014
Spring 2014
World Cup 2014

Stock Moto X Boot Animation (from the 4.4.2 ROM) NOTE: this is the same Boot Animation used in 4.4.3 and 4.4.4.

To apply, you must be bootloader unlocked, and have a custom recovery (like TWRP). Download the ZIP to your /SDCard, boot to the custom recovery and install/flash the ZIP.

LOGO.BIN files... (Note: Flashing these with an unlocked bootloader will remove the Unlocked Bootloader Warning message, and instead give you the corresponding Moto Boot Services app seasonal boot logo)

Fall 2013 (also used Fall 2014)
Winter 2013
April Fool's 2014
Spring 2014
World Cup 2014

Stock Logo.bin (from 4.4.2 rom) with Unlocked Bootloader Warning removed NOTE: this is the same LOGO.BIN used in 4.4.2, 4.4.3 and 4.4.4, and has the "unlocked warning" replaced with the standard moto graphic.

To apply, you must be bootloader unlocked, and have a custom recovery (like TWRP). Download the ZIP to your /SDCard, boot to the custom recovery and install/flash the ZIP.

Other LOGO.BIN files...

The following ZIP includes all custom LOGO.BIN files I've made and compiled. The ZIP also contains a read me file to explain why there are two folders inside (one has the original images to PREVIEW, and the other contains the BIN files to flash).

http://mark.cdmaforums.com/X-STUFF/X-LogoBins.zip

To flash... Download the ZIP to your PC, unzip it, find the logo.bin you want to use (view the included readme.txt), reboot your phone into bootloader mode, connect it via USB cable, open a command prompt on your PC, and issue the following command...

mfastboot flash logo <filename>.bin

If you wish to revert to the stock LOGO.BIN, it is included in the SBF file for your phone, which are downloadable from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=0 however, if you have an unlocked bootloader, flashing the stock LOGO.BIN, you will get the unlocked warning message.

For more info on CLOGO, LOGO.BIN and how to make your own LOGO.BIN See -> http://mark.cdmaforums.com/MotoX-Bootlogo.htm and http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...logos-t2417961

EDIT: For Fall 2014, it appears Moto reused the Fall 2013 Clogo and Boot Animiation according to the video in this droid-life post -> http://www.droid-life.com/2014/10/03...oot-animation/

EDIT: The following is a chart of bootloader versions, and what ROM version they belong to. If you have a 4.2.2 bootloader, these LOGO.BIN files will NOT work on your phone!

30.70 = original 4.2.2
30.71 = 4.2.2 OTA with camera update
30.B2 = 4.4
30.B4 = 4.4.2
30.B7 = 4.4.4

If your bootloader is 30.70 or 30.71 these logo.bin images will NOT work for you!
Last edited by KidJoe; 12th November 2014 at 01:31 PM.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd September 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #2  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 208

715 posts
EXACTLY what I was looking for. Love em! I thought these might also get rid of my obnoxious bootloader unlocked warning. Couldn't remember when I unlocked my old Razr M. Does anybody have a link to what I need to do to remove that?

Sent from my Moto X
Last edited by Jersey846; 23rd September 2014 at 07:51 PM.
23rd September 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #3  

2,174 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey846

EXACTLY what I was looking for. Love em! I thought these might also get rid of my obnoxious bootloader unlocked warning. Couldn't remember when I unlocked my old Razr M. Does anybody have a link to what I need to do to remove that?

Sent from my Moto X

These were made for the X. The Logo.BIN files do get rid of the unlocked bootloader warning, and instead you see the custom graphic.

I do not know if they work on the M. I don't have an M to try them.
23rd September 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #4  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 208

715 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidJoe

These were made for the X. The Logo.BIN files do get rid of the unlocked bootloader warning, and instead you see the custom graphic.

I do not know if they work on the M. I don't have an M to try them.

I'm using the X. I was just referencing back to my M when I unlocked that long ago. It had the same message. The X is what I'm having the problem with now though.

Sent from my Moto X
25th September 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Thank yooou !!
3rd October 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #6  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 0

61 posts
More
This is exactly the thread I was looking for! Any intention of updating it now that the new fall boot animation is out or is it the same as last years fall boot animation? Link for reference.
3rd October 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #7  

2,174 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingdom

This is exactly the thread I was looking for! Any intention of updating it now that the new fall boot animation is out or is it the same as last years fall boot animation? Link for reference.

Moto boot services app hasn't updated on mine yet so I still have the stock animation. As soon as it updates, I'll pull it and post it if it's different.

Edit: based on the video in the droid-life.com post, it's the same animation and boot logo as last fall.
Last edited by KidJoe; 4th October 2014 at 04:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th October 2014, 08:11 AM   |  #8  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
More
EXACTLY what I was looking for ! gonna try this
11th October 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #9  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 293

1,735 posts
More
I must have bad luck. Trying to get rid of the unlocked bootloader message on my Sprint X1056. Flashed the appropriate logo.bin zip and all i get is a ghastly pixelated graphic where the unlocked bootloader-warning-of-doom used to be. Tried flashing other logo.bin zip files and they're not sticking. Even tried via fastboot and no dice. What gives?
11th October 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #10  

2,174 posts
More
What rom is on your phone?

Can you boot to FastbootAP/Booloader mode and tell me what version bootloader you have? Is it 30.B4 or 30.B7 or something else?

EDIT: I've added a note that you need to be on 4.4.2, 4.4.3 or 4.4.4, and can't have an older bootloader to the first post. This is because we'd seen in the past that the format of the LOGO.BIN had changed from 4.2.2. And users on older roms/bootloaders have seen a scrambled graphic in the center of the screen when using a LOGO.BIN formatted for a different version than there phone is running.
Last edited by KidJoe; 11th October 2014 at 05:02 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to KidJoe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread