Zips marked "EHLTE" show indicators for E, H, and LTE instead of E, 3G, and 4G (my preference, the one in the screenshots). Unless another version number is specified in the title, all mods are for stock 4.4 ROMs.
UPDATE 1/2/14: Thanks to @hartom, I made a mod specifically for AT&T phones (XT1058). I only did the "EHLTE" version for now, if I get enough requests I can make the other one too.
UPDATE 2/13/14: New mod up for XT1053s running the latest 4.4.2 update!
MANUAL INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Download your choice of mod from bottom of post, unzip and find SystemUI.apk
2) BACK UP your phone's original SystemUI.apk and SystemUI.odex from system/priv-app
3) Delete the SystemUI.odex that you just backed up
4) Copy the new SystemUI.apk to system/priv-app, overwriting the old one
5) Set permissions on the new file to rw- r-- r--
Before installing, MAKE SURE TO BACK UP, if not your whole ROM, then at least your original SystemUI.apk and SystemUI.odex from system/priv-app. If your status and navigation bars disappear, make sure the permissions of the new SystemUI.apk are correctly set to rw-r-r.
Before (image from google):
After (with the EHLTE mod [and a few gravitybox tweaks of course]):
*@chaoslimits discovered this originally and guided me through the process. His thread for VZW and Sprint Moto Xs can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2561560