Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[XPOSED] [VZW][ATT][SPR] Moto X 4.4+ Native Tether (No APK Modification required)

OP dymmeh

20th October 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #161  
Thanks Meter: 5

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPOA556

I have a VZW Dev Ed Moto X, and this Xposed mod has worked perfectly for me. However, I cannot get the VZW-exclusive NFL Mobile app to work. When I start it up, it says, "You may have access to free NFL Mobile content including live games based on your current Verizon plan. To see if you qualify, please link to your Verizon account." After I click the Continue button, it says, "Please wait while we check your account for live video access." Below that, it says, "Connecting to Verizon." And it never gets beyond that. I have turned off my firewall (DroidWall), unfrozen useless Verizon apps, and enabled all permissions for Verizon apps from within AppOps. Nothing works. It just occurred to me that the NFL Mobile app might use the same entitlement check method as the native tether capability. Has anyone run into this, or can anyone confirm this? I know I could just try disabling the Moto Tether Xposed module and see if it works, but I thought I'd ask here before messing with it.

I can verify my NFL Mobile works while Moto Tether Xposed is enabled and actively working. Something other than Moto Tether must be the culprit.
20th October 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #162  
Thanks Meter: 11

60 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BParkerson

I can verify my NFL Mobile works while Moto Tether Xposed is enabled and actively working. Something other than Moto Tether must be the culprit.

But was Moto Tether active the first time you used the NFL Mobile app? I went ahead and disabled Moto Tether, rebooted, opened up the NFL Mobile app, and it worked. Then I re-enabled Moto Tether, rebooted, and the NFL Mobile app still worked. So I think it only authenticated my Verizon account the very first time. So, I answered my own question that I was previously unwilling to answer due to my own laziness
20th October 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #163  
Thanks Meter: 5

24 posts
Originally, before rooting my Verizon Note 3, I was using Foxfi free wifi tethering and it worked flawlessly, however it required a secure pin lock be enabled before use and trusted credential approval from Foxfi. Also, I now no longer use an exchange email account for my corporate email, as new security enforcement require us to encrypt our personal devices. This also required me to have a minimum of a pin lock enabled even before encryption was required therfore it was no big deal to do this for Foxfi Tethering being I had to have a pin lock anyway. After root, I recently added the Moto Tether hotspot module in hopes of no longer being required to use a pin or password lock and to be able to once again enjoy the benefits of lockscreen widgets. Unfortunately, that is not the case as I'm still required to use my pin lock and all other options are just shaded out with no option to enable. Is this on of the quirks I must deal with to have wifi tethering or is there a workaround or something I can do to disable this security requirement. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPOA556

But was Moto Tether active the first time you used the NFL Mobile app? I went ahead and disabled Moto Tether, rebooted, opened up the NFL Mobile app, and it worked. Then I re-enabled Moto Tether, rebooted, and the NFL Mobile app still worked. So I think it only authenticated my Verizon account the very first time. So, I answered my own question that I was previously unwilling to answer due to my own laziness

No, I already had NFL Mobile installed and have been using it for weeks before I installed Moto Tether. In fact, I just installed Moto Tether today after using Foxfi for years.
Yes, I too think you've answered your own question. But now thinking back... didn't this route actually take a little more effort..:what:
Last edited by BParkerson; 20th October 2014 at 10:56 PM.
24th October 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #164  
Flag Milledgeville GA
Thanks Meter: 15

44 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Imstalled this on my AT&T Galaxy S5 and finally tasker can toggle my WiFi Tether.

Thanks so much for this.
24th October 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #165  
Flag Ho Chi Minh
Thanks Meter: 4

33 posts
More
Sup' !
Doest it work on Oneplus One rooted ?
25th October 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #166  
Flag Davisville
Thanks Meter: 2

65 posts
More
I'm using AT&T Moto x, that is Unlocked(Thank you Sunshine) and rooted Running Krypton 1.4. Whenever I try to enable tethering i get "Turning hotspot on" "Error" Looping
27th October 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #167  
Thanks Meter: 3

50 posts
More
Does not work on S5 (Sprint)

Unable to find line suggested in build.prop file

**Attempt on Sprint Galaxy S5 w/ EasyGUI method through SQLite,
It just resets the value from 0 to 1 on launch of hotspot option in settings.

If anyone else has gotten any farther than this, I would love to hear it.

EDIT____
Found a solution,

Watch his video, follow the steps to get hotspot active on Sprint S5
Video
Steps

Or, I heard this app works, did not get to try it though..
Galaxy Tools App
Last edited by Collinl; 27th October 2014 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Found Solution
11th November 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #168  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Hello

Sorry if this has been answered. I read through this thread trying to find the answer but haven't had any luck coming up with a solution.

My setup:

MotoX XT1049 using C-spire (CDMA) as my carrier.
Android 4.4.2
Xposed 2.6.1
X Tether 1.4

My current problem is that C-spire is still able to detect my User Agent from the tethered computer. I had the impression that X Tether spoofs the user agent information and hides the actual user agent info. Is that correct? If so, it's not working for me. I have to use a user agent switch plugin in my browser otherwise I get forwarded to:

http://passport.cspire.com:9080/Pass...ingblocked.jsp

Is there some type of fix for this issue that I've overlooked?

halfspec
13th November 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #169  
Thanks Meter: 4

11 posts
I can confirm this working on both my verizon s4 mini (sch-i435) running 4.4.2 build NE1 And my Verizon S5 (sm-g900v) running stock rooted 4.4.2 build ne9. Thanks alot! I hated foxfi.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
moto x, tether
Previous Thread Next Thread