Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[XPOSED] [VZW][ATT][SPR] Moto X 4.4+ Native Tether (No APK Modification required)

OP dymmeh

3rd January 2015, 11:13 AM   |  #181  
Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
More
hi guys
I have a sprint LG G Flex, earlier i was on 4.2JB firmware and x tether was working real good..
but when I updated to Kitkat 4.4.2 the same module is not at all working or showing even the option to tether..
any tips ??????
9th January 2015, 10:19 PM   |  #182  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
T-Mobile S4
running rooted (towel root) kitkat 4.4.2 on tmo s4 and along with the sprint mod, and removing the hidden tether apn from the database /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db. allows me to use the built in hotspot app. tethering right now on my pc and have been for a over a month. my tether usage is counted as regular data. my tether is always '0 of 3GB'.

im using v 1.4 of the module!
without the xposed module, the tether apn is recreated by the built in hotspot app.

thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!
14th January 2015, 04:42 AM   |  #183  
Thanks Meter: 65

886 posts
More
Is there an alternative for this on verizon for when lollipop comes?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk
18th January 2015, 06:24 PM   |  #184  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Keith

Is there an alternative for this on verizon for when lollipop comes?

I would like to know the answer to this as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to _Ryan_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2015, 04:15 AM   |  #185  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96

117 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ryan_

I would like to know the answer to this as well.

It depends if Lollipop has made any changes to how provisioning works.
If there's no changes, other tether methods should still work until Xposed is working in Lollipop (if that even happens).
The Following User Says Thank You to dymmeh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2015, 08:16 PM   |  #186  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dymmeh

It depends if Lollipop has made any changes to how provisioning works.
If there's no changes, other tether methods should still work until Xposed is working in Lollipop (if that even happens).

A big THANKS to you dymmeh. the X tether module works perfectly on my 1st gen Moto X XT1060 running stock 4.4.4, unlocked BL, rooted and using TWRP 2.7.1.1.

I do have what is hopefully an easy question: There is an ability to change the stock WIFI hotspot network settings to add/change the network SSID AND for select between three security settings: WEP, WPA and WPA2. Will the X Tether mod work if I make any changes/modifications to the default factory WIFI-hotspot settings. At a minimum, I'd like to change the default password under the default SSID to something I can remember..The X Tether Module is running fine under the default stock WIFI Hotspot settings so I thought best to err on the side of caution and ask the question before making any changes to any of those settings or adding a new SSID..
Last edited by rob6909; 19th January 2015 at 08:20 PM. Reason: misspells/clarity
20th January 2015, 01:49 AM   |  #187  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 96

117 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob6909

A big THANKS to you dymmeh. the X tether module works perfectly on my 1st gen Moto X XT1060 running stock 4.4.4, unlocked BL, rooted and using TWRP 2.7.1.1.

I do have what is hopefully an easy question: There is an ability to change the stock WIFI hotspot network settings to add/change the network SSID AND for select between three security settings: WEP, WPA and WPA2. Will the X Tether mod work if I make any changes/modifications to the default factory WIFI-hotspot settings. At a minimum, I'd like to change the default password under the default SSID to something I can remember..The X Tether Module is running fine under the default stock WIFI Hotspot settings so I thought best to err on the side of caution and ask the question before making any changes to any of those settings or adding a new SSID..

Once you're at that point the settings don't matter. You can change them to whatever you want. It's already passed the provisioning portion.
The Following User Says Thank You to dymmeh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th January 2015, 07:58 AM   |  #188  

10 posts
Newbie question
Quote:
Originally Posted by dymmeh

After reading about the Xposed framework I decided to write a module to bypass the validation checks for wifi tethering / mobile hotspot.

This method will allow you to bypass the validation without having to worry about moving around APKs, backing them up, setting permissions, etc. It also will no longer contact the actual servers used to verify if you have permission to use the tether.

This Xposed module works by replacing the list of entitlement apps available in the string array "config_mobile_hotspot_provision_app" with an empty set. This means that the entitlement app is not run at all and defaults to the native tether immediately.

Works with VZW, AT&T, Sprint, DE and non-DE devices running 4.4 or above

Installing

1. Be rooted and have the Xposed framework installed
  2. Search for and download "X Tether" under the download section of the Xposed installer
  3. Activate the module in Xposed.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Tether away!
  6. SPRINT ONLY: Change the line ro.mot.tether_dun_required=1 in your build.prop file to ro.mot.tether_dun_required=0

Link to Xposed repo

Where is the line build.prop located?
20th January 2015, 03:58 PM   |  #189  

10 posts
I have the galaxy s5 and i tryes this but it did not work. Is there something i am missing? It did take a minute before the you are not subcribed message to come up.
20th January 2015, 09:04 PM   |  #190  

13 posts
glad i have uscc. no real tethering blocks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
moto x, tether
Previous Thread Next Thread