FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[XPOSED] [VZW][ATT][SPR] Moto X 4.4+ Native Tether (No APK Modification required)

3rd February 2015, 05:01 PM |#191  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Well it turns out this enables WiFi tethering on my Verizon Note 3 that I took to Straight Talk (since ST disables tethering). Probably should be careful with it though since ST's service explicitly forbids tethering. Good to know however!

Sent from my SM-N900V

10th February 2015, 12:04 AM |#192  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
AT&T Note 3 on T-Mobile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dymmeh

Sorry, no T-Mobile uses a completely different method to determine if you have the ability to tether. It's possible to write a similar module like I did but without having access to a T-Mobile device I wont be able to do that.

Can you explain it a little better? I have AT&T phone on T-mobile and it works 100%. Not only that, but T-Mobile doesn't see me tethering. Thanks
11th February 2015, 05:47 PM |#193  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Not working on my rooted Verizon Galaxy Note 3 running android 4.4.2. In fact, having it enabled in xposed prevents my old method of tethering, the app Wifi Tether Router, from working at all.
12th February 2015, 12:50 AM |#194  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 59

More
On Moto X 2013, Verizon, 4.4.4.

Does anyone know what might be the culprit for very slow data transfer speeds? If I run speedtest on my phone, I get 20mb/s, but if I tether and run speedtest on my computer, I get 1mb/s.

*FIX* - I changed to 5.0ghz and it made all the difference. Odd.
Last edited by eyc; 13th February 2015 at 12:02 AM.
21st February 2015, 06:43 PM |#195  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dymmeh

Sorry, no T-Mobile uses a completely different method to determine if you have the ability to tether. It's possible to write a similar module like I did but without having access to a T-Mobile device I wont be able to do that.

bummer
26th February 2015, 03:43 AM |#196  

More
T-Mobile Galaxy S5
Works on my rooted S5 with Xposed Framework running a stock 4.4.2 kernel. Simply turn on Hotspot through settings/wifi or via the widget. Connected multiple devices with no problems, was able to use the browser and watch YouTube videos. Thanks
Last edited by SamuelJ; 26th February 2015 at 03:47 AM.
21st March 2015, 01:11 AM |#197  

More
XTETHER sph-l900
Followed method for sprint device changing tether_dun_required from 1 to 0.
reboot device, double checked to verify change had remained.
tether_dun_required showed 0.
When switching on tether from settings menu, popup appeared
telling me to subscribe to service.
Went back in to global settings , some how the device reset
tether_dun_required back to 1.

attempted this 3x. Always changed back to 1.
31st March 2015, 01:29 AM |#198  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Thanks for this module!

It works fine on my bootloader unlocked Razr HD Maxx on 4.4.2, 182.46.10
This is a lot easier than trying to apply the system level edits required.
16th April 2015, 06:53 PM |#199  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I have a strange problem that happens when I have Ad-Away active along with tethering turned on. With Ad-Away enabled as soon as I turn on the wifi hotspot it partially breaks browsing on my phone. More specifically, it appears as though page redirects stop working. The browser just sits there trying to load the page but it never finishes. I am using Dolphin Browser as well as my own app that incorporates the Android Webview. Both exhibit the same behavior.

However, when tethered to my phone my laptop can surf without any issue. This strange behavior remains until I reboot the phone. As long as I don't turn on the hot spot everything works normally. It took me a LONG time to finally figure out what the cause was. My next step is to try disabling the host list sources that Ad-Away uses to see if I can narrow it down to one source, and then hopefully, narrow it further down to a specific host entry.

Phone specs are

Verizon Samsung S5 running 4.4.2, rooted. Ad-Away version 2.9.2 (51) and XTether 1.4.

Wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior because I haven't been able to find anyone else mention anywhere else.
The Following User Says Thank You to forcedfx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
moto x, tether
Previous Thread Next Thread