FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[XPOSED] [VZW][ATT][SPR] Moto X 4.4+ Native Tether (No APK Modification required)

120 posts
Thanks Meter: 101

By dymmeh, Senior Member on 8th January 2014, 12:37 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
27th May 2015, 06:55 AM |#201  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 34

More
So what's the deal with Sprint now?
I've been using moto x tether for over a year including just yesterday and just decided to wipe my phone today and reinstall xposed and moto x tether and now its no longer supported? Trying the 1.1 version that still had it.

27th May 2015, 04:28 PM |#202  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DssTrainer

So what's the deal with Sprint now?
I've been using moto x tether for over a year including just yesterday and just decided to wipe my phone today and reinstall xposed and moto x tether and now its no longer supported? Trying the 1.1 version that still had it.

Just to be clear, it still works fine with the 1.1 X tether.
7th June 2015, 02:44 AM |#203  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I got tethering to work with this on a Galaxy S5 that is on Tracfone's new BYOP 4G program. First time I've been able to get tether to work on any tracfone. I suspect tracfone doesn't care for that since they and straight talk are basically the same people. If you do this get a browser extension that changes your user agent string so your desktop computer browser appears to be an Android browser. For Firefox there are a number of extensions that will do this. I'd use the user agent switcher by Chris Pederick available from Mozilla Firefox.
11th June 2015, 11:09 PM |#204  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dymmeh

After reading about the Xposed framework I decided to write a module to bypass the validation checks for wifi tethering / mobile hotspot.

This method will allow you to bypass the validation without having to worry about moving around APKs, backing them up, setting permissions, etc. It also will no longer contact the actual servers used to verify if you have permission to use the tether.

This Xposed module works by replacing the list of entitlement apps available in the string array "config_mobile_hotspot_provision_app" with an empty set. This means that the entitlement app is not run at all and defaults to the native tether immediately.

Works with VZW, AT&T, Sprint, DE and non-DE devices running 4.4 or above

Installing

1. Be rooted and have the Xposed framework installed
  2. Search for and download "X Tether" under the download section of the Xposed installer
  3. Activate the module in Xposed.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Tether away!
  6. SPRINT ONLY: Change the line ro.mot.tether_dun_required=1 in your build.prop file to ro.mot.tether_dun_required=0

Link to Xposed repo

Thank you so much! I bought a phone from the usa and i use it in canada. I often find myself tethering to my laptop.
I hate phone companies so much, They always try to take as much money and limit us.

If it wasn't for developers as yourself, I would be stuck.

Thank you very much. I have donated for your hard work.

my thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...tspot-t3133116
Last edited by mdude22; 11th June 2015 at 11:12 PM.
12th June 2015, 01:57 PM |#205  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdude22

Thank you so much! I bought a phone from the usa and i use it in canada. I often find myself tethering to my laptop.
I hate phone companies so much, They always try to take as much money and limit us.

If it wasn't for developers as yourself, I would be stuck.

Thank you very much. I have donated for your hard work.

my thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...tspot-t3133116

I really appreciate the donation. You're the first! I'm glad to help people get around ridiculous restrictions carriers put on our phones. We pay for the data. Why should they decide how we use it?
The Following User Says Thank You to dymmeh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2015, 03:03 PM |#206  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
dymmeh I just sent you some beer money Confirmation number: 20U267184D867240D
Thanks for your work! I have X Tether running on an S3 running stock rooted 4.4 right now but will try it on 5.1.1 soonish. I'm unclear on whether the module works on the Xposed Alpha
Last edited by dustbinge; 12th June 2015 at 03:14 PM. Reason: added info
12th June 2015, 07:35 PM |#207  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
You can add the Verizon Sony Xperia Z3v to the list of phones that this mod works on.
15th June 2015, 03:18 PM |#208  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustbinge

dymmeh I just sent you some beer money Confirmation number: 20U267184D867240D
Thanks for your work! I have X Tether running on an S3 running stock rooted 4.4 right now but will try it on 5.1.1 soonish. I'm unclear on whether the module works on the Xposed Alpha

Thanks so much! I haven't tried it out on lollipop yet since Xposed isn't stable yet. Once it is + we all have the official 5.1 update I'll make any updates necessary to keep it working
The Following User Says Thank You to dymmeh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th June 2015, 03:12 AM |#209  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up Works: Galaxy S4, SCH-I545
I just tested this on my Galaxy S4 and it worked fine. Thanks.
Android: 4.4.2
Baseband: I545VRUFNK1
Stock, Rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to Fiat.Liberty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2015, 06:36 PM |#210  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So smooth...
... xt1080M (MAXX) 4.4.4 with @CrashXXL root method and @basestamp xposed. Install and function "like butter" - wish I could kick in more. Confirmation number: 4EV38683SL078350P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
moto x, tether
Previous Thread Next Thread