Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,333 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BL7 Defy MB525 Battery Problems

Tip us?

urbanrazor
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default BL7 Defy MB525 Battery Problems

Hello guys. Recently, i flashed my motorola defy with a Rom from quarx ( i think 4.3) that had kernel version 3 i think or something, and after that everything went to hell. Phone won't open and won't be detected in RSD lite. After that i tried the mcgyver method which worked on my friend's laptop ( seems like my RSD lite refuses to detect the phone >_< , damn you windows 8) and flashed the sbf DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP-2311_BLUR_SIGN_USADEFYEMARAB1B8TFDE004.0R_PDS03C_U SAJRDNGIBRO2DE_P020_A025_M002_Service1FF.sbf .
The problem is that the phone can't be charged now everything is working except the battery which if not using mcgyver is dead.
Also, with this sbf it can't be rooted. So i guess only MB526 sbfs work from now on, because i have BL7 right?
Could you reccomend a SBF which has the battery working?
P.S. I posted this on another thread too so please excuse me.

DiegoxG
Old
(Last edited by DiegoxG; 7th July 2014 at 06:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 49
Say goodbye to charging your phone via usb cable, I also did the McGyver trick some months ago(and flashed BL7 on my Defy after that) I couldn't charge my phone anymore via usb, but with an universal charger.
So now I have two batteries, one for using the phone and the other one for backup.

It's better not to recommend the McGyver method, there are lots of people with this problem that end buying a new phone

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

thrackanomir
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Try installing one of those fixes from the TWRP recovery level: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=1
It worked for me ("battery_fix_for_1500mah.zip" to be specific) every time my Defy+ refused to charge its battery. And yes - even after using McGyver method.

DiegoxG
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrackanomir View Post
Try installing one of those fixes from the TWRP recovery level: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=1
It worked for me ("battery_fix_for_1500mah.zip" to be specific) every time my Defy+ refused to charge its battery. And yes - even after using McGyver method.
Didn't work for me :/ tried red lens fix and 1500 mah fix and still the question mark

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

mibas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
there is on XDA forum manual how to make BL7 ROM rooted - it was necessary to flash the phone with two modified sbf's, one by one and it works.
Edit: look here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1595013