Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

whatsapp + telegram (CM11 - 4.4 Incompatibility?)

OP spalnndsstest

6th September 2014, 11:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Hi, i have whatsapp and no problems, but when i installed telegram, i checked the contact list and telegram removed around 20 contacts of my phonebook! why¿?¿?¿?

Not just that, but i also checked back whatsapp and now all the contacts appear as phone numbers, like if they where not in my phonebook, but they are!

i talked with some poeple and they tell me they have no problem in they phones having both programs, maybe its something related to the rom i am using? anyone having same problems? i am using quark rom of 4.4

i am having my contacts JUST in the phone, not in the google account or SIM
thanks
Last edited by spalnndsstest; 6th September 2014 at 11:49 PM.
18th October 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

54 posts
Hi, I'm using CM11 on my Defy+. I always use Telegram and recently (about a month) installed WhatsApp. I got no problems doing this. All the contacts are still. All applications are working normally.

I'm also using gapps and Google contacts sync.

Make backups to prevent erros that led to caos such as lose contacts.

I think it's easier to make backups from the cloud (to a csv file) than use android special software (such as Titanium backup) to backup/restore from the phone specially if you have other devices with contact sync.

Hope you figure out how to fix it in your case and also got all the contacts back.
19th October 2014, 09:14 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

21 posts
More
Hi! I have both installed and the only problem is if you move to the sd card Telegram because Telegram contacts will not be synchronized.
29th October 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Similar problem, but so much more confusing!

I have whatsapp. One of my whatsapp contacts sent me a telegram invite. In telegram, the contact name doesn't show up, just the phone number. We chat for a millisecond but then switch back to whatsapp. We stick to whatsapp for months. I recently remembered that I had telegram and logged back in. THe contact was still a phone number. "Weird," I think. So I manually add that number to my whatsapp contact's info. Now I realize, the number is off by one digit. Maybe one is personal and one is business. The addition to my phone book generates a second whatsapp contact. Still following?

So, two whatsapp accounts. Whatever. Ok, could still be one business and one personal. But the secondary number has weird motivational quotes for the profile pic. And the profile pic changes multiple times (my friend has the same landscape type profile pic and leaves it up for months at a time). And the secondary acct seems...feminine. Weird, I'm thinking. And suddenly there is a selfie that is decidedly a woman. But it disappears within a couple of minutes. The activity on both accounts is sporadic and weird. This is a guy I've been friends with for a long time, and I am fairly familiar with his online activity, so I'm kinda scratching my head at this point. And also a little concerned bcs I haven't really heard from him. And now I'm confused too, bcs both numbers have his name attached to them (bcs I added the second one to my address book) and I had recently cleared all my chats...so now I'm not even sure which acct is his primary acct...bcs at some point BOTH profile pics had changed.

Had to dig up his original contact info from somewhere else to straighten it all out. Deleted the secondary number (since he never gave me that one, no point keeping it.). Now when I go back on Telegram, it's back to just a phone number, but it's the same old number he's always had. WTF is going on?? And his time stamp on telegram is still from a couple of weeks ago, so it's not like he's on there changing things up.

I should probably just ask, but at this point I feel like I've playing detective and have way oversleuthed it. So although I'm still curious (and would love some insight), I'm just leaving it alone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread