Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Your favourite ROM for Defy?

Tip us?

john10001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Your favourite ROM for Defy?

I just wondered what your favourite ROM is for Defy?

I am on CM7 Gingerbread at the moment but would like to update. I have the Bayer lens.

Is there anything in particular you'd recommend for running smoothly without too many bugs?

I hear that the newer versions of Android from 4.1.2 and above you don't have to keep re-entering your VPN password and details as it remembers them and reconnects you automatically?

Am I best going for a Jellybean ROM like CM10 CMX, Slimbean or Paranoid Droid? Or are the KitKat versions okay to go to now without many bugs?

TicoDePano
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just make a backup and try the latest CM11 ROM.

I never had a serious problem with CM11, and I update regularly. For me, stable for daily usage.

jh20
Old
(Last edited by jh20; 27th August 2014 at 12:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 81
i still find cm7 the best, and i'm on maniac107's 10/7/13 built.

edit: i don't use vpn.

rafoca
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I must have tried at least 30 different roms since I own my defy. The fastest 4.1 one was called NEGAN.
Now, talking about 4.4, my favourite and fastest are Paranoid. Slim kat is awesome but causes too many random reboots

Chirag27
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I find the cm7.2 the fastest. But it does tend to get slow after installing no of apps.

jh20
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirag27 View Post
I find the cm7.2 the fastest. But it does tend to get slow after installing no of apps.
i suspect that could be due to memory limitation of the defy. i mean, from cm9 onward you can't even install a full gapps.

huangyuxuan01
Old
Thanks Meter 15
CyanogenMod 9 Quarx2k lastest build.

rmrf
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm still on CM7 with my Defy because I use it on daily basis. Every other ROM is good at first but then they became unbearably slow. @@

TicoDePano
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmrf View Post
I'm still on CM7 with my Defy because I use it on daily basis. Every other ROM is good at first but then they became unbearably slow. @@
With CM11, only after a long time, for me, it starts to be slower. Wiping cache and dalvik solves that problem for me (I update regularly with the latest ROM, so my Defy+ do not get slow).