Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,209 Members 44,022 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Permanantly stuck at CM Animation

Tip us?

karan4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Permanantly stuck at CM Animation

Hi,

I was using a CM11 4.4.2 Rom for a few months now, and this morning I found it stuck at the CM boot animation loop.
So I went ahead and downloaded latest version of CM11 20140717, I wiped cache/dalvik/data and flashed new rom. And it was still stuck in Animation bootloop.
Then I used safewipe to wipe then flashed 20140717 rom a few times and the same thing kept happening. (I waitad for good more than 15mins for it to boot up).
Later I also tried flashing with 20140616 CM11 build, it also had the same result.
Only difference was 20140616 build has the circular boot animation while for 20140717 build I noticed the Android text flashing as it ised to be in the stock rom.

Can you guys help me, what do I need to do, Flashing stock ROM (sbf) would be the last thing I want to do, Do I need to do that ?

karan4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan4 View Post
Hi,

I was using a CM11 4.4.2 Rom for a few months now, and this morning I found it stuck at the CM boot animation loop.
So I went ahead and downloaded latest version of CM11 20140717, I wiped cache/dalvik/data and flashed new rom. And it was still stuck in Animation bootloop.
Then I used safewipe to wipe then flashed 20140717 rom a few times and the same thing kept happening. (I waitad for good more than 15mins for it to boot up).
Later I also tried flashing with 20140616 CM11 build, it also had the same result.
Only difference was 20140616 build has the circular boot animation while for 20140717 build I noticed the Android text flashing as it ised to be in the stock rom.

Can you guys help me, what do I need to do, Flashing stock ROM (sbf) would be the last thing I want to do, Do I need to do that ?

Surprisingly I found an exact same thread like mine Not sure why I did not find it all the time when I was searching this evening.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2296965

And to solve this I used the same solution i.e. flash the sbf