Dead Android

Search This thread

HermanKantz

Aug 15, 2015
I bought a Xoom WiFi shortly after they were available to the US market.
It has always been totally reliable and trouble free.
It is (was??) currently completely stock and running 4.1.2.
With the exception of one application (Olive Tree Bible Reader 6.0) it runs everything I want to with no problems.
I have a Nexus 5 and bought a Nexus 9 open box at Best Buy as I wanted something more powerful than the Xoom. However, after a week I returned the Nexus 9 as I didn’t care for the smaller screen size.
I considered rooting thee Xoom and trying to overclock it to get some more power.
I tried the instructions found on the Xoom forum called "how-rookie-rooting-flashing-unrooting-under-one-roof" using the section: Rooting Jellybean 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 OTA
It seemed to be going along fine until I got to the part:

Once you have verification on your device that this has been flashed:
- Reboot your device by holding Volume Up + Power.
- Then 3 seconds after you see the "Motorola logo", hit Volume Down.

You should now see "Android Recovery" at the top left corner.

- Hit Volume Up to boot/enter into recovery.

When I try to go into the Android Recovery mode it starts and says
Entering Android Recovery Mode
Reading ODM Fuse 1
Then I get this dead android laying on his back with his belly open and a red triangle with an exclamation mark on it coming out.

All I wanted to do was a simple root so that I could do an overclock as described at unlocker.com - "how-to-overclock-the-motorola-xoom"

And help in getting me unstuck would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
HK

HermanKantz

Aug 15, 2015
I'm Overcome With Dumbness!!

I was trying to do this while looking at the instructions on my notebook and (repeatedly) missed a step.
I printed out the instructions and as I was reading them I realized what I'd done.
Followed CORRECT procedure and it worked perfectly.
Sorry for unnecessary post.
HK