Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Stingray 4G missing 3G fallback on CM11/OmniROM?

OP theksmith

7th August 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
i could have sworn that the factory images and some older ICS ROMs allowed my Stingray Xoom with 4G to go into 3G mode (automatically or manually)... but with CM11 and OmniROM that doesn't appear to work anymore? i either have LTE or no data at all depending on where i am in town now. also, turning off LTE using the quicktile seems to turn data completely off, not take it into 3G mode...

- can anyone confirm that their 4G Xoom does in fact go to 3G when 4G isn't available (and on what ROM & baseband)?
- is anyone else having this issue with the newer roms?

thanks
Last edited by theksmith; 7th August 2014 at 05:38 AM.
7th August 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
More
ok, after reading around i'm sure i'm not crazy and that i should have 3G and 4G.

i rebooted with access to the hidden motorola field utils app to make sure my 3G radio was enabled... the app launches, but the programming menu item and field test menu items both just crash the app when chosen.

anyone have any other ideas? i don't want to have to undo bigpart to re-flash the radio with rogue recovery but that's the only answer i'm seeing...
10th August 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theksmith

ok, after reading around i'm sure i'm not crazy and that i should have 3G and 4G.

i rebooted with access to the hidden motorola field utils app to make sure my 3G radio was enabled... the app launches, but the programming menu item and field test menu items both just crash the app when chosen.

anyone have any other ideas? i don't want to have to undo bigpart to re-flash the radio with rogue recovery but that's the only answer i'm seeing...

I'm currently flashing my xoom now so i cant verify if this is possible on a tablet
but on the phone i know if you open the dialer you can dial *#*#4636#*#* >> phone information and see what preferred network type is selected
much like the settings >> more >> mobile networks selection but with more options

if you dont have the dialer i think you can create a custom shortcut to open the activity on some 3rd party homescreen / launcher apps.

If you do get it to pull up see if its set to LTE only, irc you'll want GSM/CDMA
28th August 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
I have the same issues. 4g or nothing.
17th November 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #5  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larski156

I have the same issues. 4g or nothing.

Same issue here with Samsung Galaxy note 2 Gt-N7105
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread