Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XOOM 4G Won't Sleep

Tip us?

Kabish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question XOOM 4G Won't Sleep

I just recently purchased a used Motorola XOOM Verizion 4G tablet. The device has been working flawlessly until I noticed that the battery usage over night went from 98% to 34% without anyone touching the tablet. I installed Walklock Detector on it and charged it to 100% again and let it sit. 13hrs latter the battery was down to 44% without any usage. According to Walklock this is what is keeping the tablet awake:

motoril-recovery-wklock
MMRIL_INIT_WAKE_LOCK

Both those processes are showing a "wake" time of the total time that the unit was unplugged.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? This is the first time google has failed me on troubleshooting something, it had no results.

Below is my unit details:

Model Number: Xoom
Android Version: 4.1.2
Equipment ID: IHDP56LU2
Baseband version: CDMA_N_03.1A.71PS
Kernal version:
2.6.39.4-g4e32b94
android-build@vpbs1)
#1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Sep 10 14:01:08 PDT 2012
Build Number: JZ054M

Any suggestions or help is much appreciated. I bought this unit for my daughter to use on an upcoming flight.

Kabish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'd also like to note that this is factory (not rooted) and I have done a factory reset via the RECOVERY option of the device. This is a Verizon 4G tablet, however I don't utilize the 4G service, I just use the device for WiFi (no SIM card)

runandhide05
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,428

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabish View Post
I'd also like to note that this is factory (not rooted) and I have done a factory reset via the RECOVERY option of the device. This is a Verizon 4G tablet, however I don't utilize the 4G service, I just use the device for WiFi (no SIM card)
The lack of a SIM may be why it's draining. My simple suggestion would be turn airplain mode on. Then only turn on WiFi which will keep the radio from being turned on and see if that solves the wake lock

sent from(:::::

Kabish
Old
(Last edited by Kabish; 6th July 2014 at 02:17 AM.) Reason: Added details
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05 View Post
The lack of a SIM may be why it's draining. My simple suggestion would be turn airplain mode on. Then only turn on WiFi which will keep the radio from being turned on and see if that solves the wake lock

sent from(:::::
I installed JuiceDefender Ultimate and basically had it kill everything when the screen was off. I did however just try to put it into airplane mode and it's still keeping the kernel awake with the same process names.

Maybe I'll just root it and put a ROM on it and hope for the best. I do have an inactive Verizon Sim card, so maybe I'll throw that in and see what happens? We leave for our trip next week, wife will kill me if I brick it lol

Its now showing deleted_wake_locks waking the kernel over 2,000 times in the past 20 minutes.

Kabish
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
So I think having the Airplane mode turned on did help out some but still lost quite a bit of the battery.

11h 42min off the battery, 99% Awake time.

deleted_wake_locks 80,176 times
motoril-recovery-wklock 491 times
MMRIL_INIT_WAKE_LOCK 491 times

This is after a Recovery factory reset and the only software I installed was Wakelock detector.