[Q] Dead GPU?

9th July 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
EDIT:
I noticed in the tricktermod app, the gpu was being reported as 0mhz (not sure if this is becuase its idle)
So I decided to flash back to the factory image HRI39 (honeycomb) to see if I could get any performance improvements
and i must say, its still incredibly sluggish and choppy. I'm almost conviced the GPU is dead or not being used at all...
Any advice or things to test? I have linux/windows and by far no means a noob of any sort, just not sure what I can do from this point or if im SOL.

Previous post

I have a stingray (4g) xoom, this is my second one. First one (wingray) I returned after a week when it first came out (for a laptop)
I bought this one off swappa because I still feel its the sturdiest tablet and the bootloader can be unlocked

I remember installing EOS, tiamat, dualbooting with backtrack ...etc tablet was always snappy and fast

The one I have now seems to be sluggish. Stock, Bigpart, CM this CM that... honestly the only time I even saw what could have been the performance I remember was when i brought it all the way back to honeycomb lol

The sluggish I'm referring to is a delay in response, hanging, no capacitive response from screen, low frame rates in games like plants vs zombies when you finish a wave.

I've tried overclocking, under clocking (you never know), a few kernels, 9001% stock.. same symptoms.

I've gotten curious if maybe the unit is defective...

Does anyone have any advice or a rom/kernal they are using that is smooth like butter. doesn't have to be the latest and greatest android. hell I prefer the releases before 4.3 with the tablet UI

thanks
Last edited by iskip2sk8; 10th August 2014 at 06:19 PM. Reason: new information
The Following User Says Thank You to iskip2sk8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
updated original post with new information
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
slow
Previous Thread Next Thread