Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,640 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xoom (wi-fi) Driver Issues in Recovery

Tip us?

xBenjio
Old
(Last edited by xBenjio; 4th July 2014 at 04:51 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Xoom (wi-fi) Driver Issues in Recovery

I got a Xoom for free a couple days ago, I decided I wanted to put KitKat on it, I didn't really like how 4.1 looked. I installed ClockworkMod Recovery on it to, but I can't push any files to it using 'adb push 'filename'', this is because adb does not recognize my device. I believe this is because there is no driver installed. In Device Manager it shows up as "Xoom" in the "Other Devices" dropdown. I've downloaded and installed the drivers previously from this link (can't post links because I'm new, the name of the program is Motorola Device Manager ), but while in recovery, they don't seem to work. When I try to run the driver installer while in recovery, it does not install any drivers, and Windows cannot find any drivers. So, any suggestions?

Edit: I booted back to the factory OS and tried installing the driver there through Motorola Device Manager, but it says to switch the device into "Media Device" mode (MTP), which it is already in.

getyroks
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBenjio View Post
I got a Xoom for free a couple days ago, I decided I wanted to put KitKat on it, I didn't really like how 4.1 looked. I installed ClockworkMod Recovery on it to, but I can't push any files to it using 'adb push 'filename'', this is because adb does not recognize my device. I believe this is because there is no driver installed. In Device Manager it shows up as "Xoom" in the "Other Devices" dropdown. I've downloaded and installed the drivers previously from this link (can't post links because I'm new, the name of the program is Motorola Device Manager ), but while in recovery, they don't seem to work. When I try to run the driver installer while in recovery, it does not install any drivers, and Windows cannot find any drivers. So, any suggestions?

Edit: I booted back to the factory OS and tried installing the driver there through Motorola Device Manager, but it says to switch the device into "Media Device" mode (MTP), which it is already in.
Are you using the correct cable? Have you tried using another USB port?

I'm assuming you have a memory card. So if you had a custom recovery already installed why not pull the SD card out of the xoom and move the files required for custom os onto that directly from computer.
Android History:
(2) HTC Aria- CM 7
(4) MOTO Atrix (Linux lapdock)- Modded MotoBlur & CM
(2) MOTO Bionic on AT&T (Linux lapdock)- Modded MotoBlur

Samsung S3- STOCK(wife's now)
Samsung Note 2- HEAVILY Modded TW

Tablets:
(2) MOTO Xoom 3g/4g- CM 11

Music Players:
Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0- Stock & CM 11

xBenjio
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by getyroks View Post
Are you using the correct cable? Have you tried using another USB port?

I'm assuming you have a memory card. So if you had a custom recovery already installed why not pull the SD card out of the xoom and move the files required for custom os onto that directly from computer.
I don't have the factory cable, I believe I have already tried two separate cables though. I have tried front and back USB ports on my PC. I've been trying to do it without a micro SD card, as the only one I have is in my phone. I assume if I use that it would mess up the formatting on my phone though?

getyroks
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I don't have the factory cable, I believe I have already tried two separate cables though. I have tried front and back USB ports on my PC. I've been trying to do it without a micro SD card, as the only one I have is in my phone. I assume if I use that it would mess up the formatting on my phone though?
No. If you have recovery already loaded, then place the rom of choice on the card insert in xoom and install from SD card. No formatting required on card.
Android History:
(2) HTC Aria- CM 7

Tablets:

Music Players:

xBenjio
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by getyroks View Post
No. If you have recovery already loaded, then place the rom of choice on the card insert in xoom and install from SD card. No formatting required on card.
I was worried about my SD card, which is in my phone, getting messed up and not work properly with my phone. I'll probably go ahead and try it and not worry about my phone. I'll let you know how it goes.

getyroks
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I was worried about my SD card, which is in my phone, getting messed up and not work properly with my phone. I'll probably go ahead and try it and not worry about my phone. I'll let you know how it goes.
Copy all files to computer from SD card to be safe. Then if you do lose something. No worries![emoji16]
Android History:
(2) HTC Aria- CM 7

Tablets:

Music Players: