Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,576 Members 43,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So Disappointed With The Nexus 10

Tip us?

Gaugerer
Old
(Last edited by Gaugerer; 5th July 2014 at 10:16 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Default So Disappointed With The Nexus 10

The battery on my Nexus 10 just lasts 2 hours then dies instantly without warning. It also suffers from on average 3 random reboots a day or almost a hundred random reboots a month and the screen has a yellow tinge so that white appears yellow and the brightness changes little from min to max. It is out of warranty so I'm just going to scrap it.

I've owned two other tablets made by Samsung and had no problems with them at all and I'll be returning to Samsung after this bad experience with Google.

h3ck
Old
Thanks Meter 64
I think regardless of Google, the tablet is still made by Samsung. There will be defective units. Mine is as new as day one and doesn't have those issues. It's all relative.

Sent from my HTC M8
My Devices
HTC One (M8)

Proud Android user since 2007 (G1)!

Past Devices: HTC Wing(MDA), G1, Mytouch 3G/4G, iPhone 3G/3GS, MyTouch 3G Slide, HTC HD2, BB 9100, LG G2x, Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S III, Note 2, Samsung Galaxy S II, Note 3

Leoisright
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6,888

DONATE TO ME
Are you on stock firmware? I get many many hours out of each charge. It was ordered on day 1 of release.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium HD app
Device: Samsung Note 2 and Samsung Nexus 10
Device: Microsoft Surface
Device: Samsung Tab 3 7"
ROM: S5 4.4.2 w/note 3 mods
Kernel: Stock

Nexus 10 Developement

Have helped with many mods and roms over the past 4 years. Devices I've helped include Evo 4G, Evo 4G LTE, Evo 3D, Note 2, HP Touchpad, and Nexus 10

Many thanks to Myn, Virus, Chubbzlou, Ewalk, TMartin, TommyTomatoe, CM, Sac, Platty, XDA, and so many more for helping me over the years to refine my skills

Gaugerer
Old
(Last edited by Gaugerer; 6th July 2014 at 09:42 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoisright View Post
Are you on stock firmware? I get many many hours out of each charge. It was ordered on day 1 of release.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium HD app
I"ve been on stock firmware from new, but the random reboots and battery problems started immediately after I upgraded to KitKat.

I've just noticed the yellow tinge after I inherited my wife's Nexus 10 after she bought a Galaxy tab S 8.4 and she has had no problems with her Nexus 10 that we bought together on release and I've scrapped mine.

I may have just been unlucky, but so have many others judging by the number of people Googling for help with the same problems.

Androidi747
Old
Thanks Meter 275
That's weird, my N10 usually gets 3 days of battery with 5-6 hours of screen on time.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Free mobile app
http://i.imgur.com/lNEcz4t.png
Running Dynamic Kat 5.0 on the Note 3!

swallowingled
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I agree, you may have just gotten a bad one. I bought one for me and one for my mother when they first came out and neither of us has had any trouble with battery life, reboots or the display. Mine is also rooted and I use it for email, web browsing and video and get several days without recharging, but I also switch between the N10, N4 and a PC. She plays lots of games on hers all day long and I think she can make it through the entire day and it's the only device she uses.

voncrane
Old
Thanks Meter 83

DONATE TO ME
Yup, it appears you've got a defective unit, especially if a full wipe and stock flashing doesn't fix it.
Samsung Galaxy Note III (SM-N9005)
Build > Stock 4.4.2 (Rooted)
Build Number > KOT49H.N9005XXUENC2
Baseband Version > N9005XXUENC2
Recovery > Latest TWRP
Kernel Version > 3.4.0-636608 (Default)

Google Nexus 10
Build > Stock 4.4.2 (Rooted)
Build Number > KOT49H
Recovery > Latest TWRP
Kernel > 3.4.39-g5b5c8df (Default)

>>> Hit the Thanks Button <<<

too.stoopid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sounds really strange. I never had such problems with my N10. With Omnirom I always have about 6 hours of display on times.

cxhb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've had two N10s. The first one had the EXACT issues you are describing and I returned it for another. This one lasts for days with roughly 5-6hrs screen on time. (Disclosure: during the workday I have WiFi off)

Warren_Orange
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Check your better stats. Maybe you have a rogue app that is hogging the CPU.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app