Ask a question

No registration required

Unable to boot after tried to unlock bootloader with NTK

OP un.droid

18th August 2014, 10:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 126

479 posts
I have a nexus 10 v4.4.4, finally wanted to root it and install a custom recovery (cwm). I used the same method as i used on my nexus 5 with the same application - nexus toolkit. All drivers are installed, clicked on "unlock", booted into the screen where i should click "yes" in order to unlock bootloader. The devices rebooted and stuck in the booting animation. Searched a lot and read a lot, but i cant make the device boot normally. I am able to boot into fastboot (i suppose, the screen where you can skip between options like "recovery, "power off" and "restart bootloader". Can anyone give me a hand with restoring the device?

EDIT

ok i was able to fix this issue. In case anyone encounters the same exact issue, this is what went wrong and what was made in order to make everything work:

1. make sure fastboot recognizes your device, by typing in command line "fastboot devices". if your device is not listed, first fix this (check drivers and connectivity). i had to reboot my pc in order to communicate with my nexus.
2. now boot to fastboot by holding vol up + vol down + power button.
3. launch NTK and simply select "back to stock" and check "soft brick \ bootloop" option.
4. the app with download the image and afterwards everything is automated. you will reboot to the setup screen.

BIG thanks to WugFresh and his awesome tool Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.6.
Last edited by un.droid; 18th August 2014 at 12:32 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootanimation, stuck, unlock
Previous Thread Next Thread