No registration required

[Bricked?] Can't get to bootloader after trying to unlock with NRT

OP bvrr0

24th July 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
More
So I have a nexus 10 32gb that I got yesterday that I updated to 4.4.4 and I wanted to root it so I could get some apps that I love to use. Here's what happened:

Everything was going smoothly with nexus root toolkit. I set up adb and all of the drivers. Everything with that was working and I made sure to check nexus 10 with 4.4.4 in the drop down. I press the unlock bootloader button and the device says it's going into bootloader mode, but it just goes to a black screen. Then a message pops up saying I have to factory reset if i'm on 4.4.4, but that never shows up on the tablet, so I just hit OK. Then the device supposedly reboots, but now it's stuck in a bootloop and whenever I hold down the buttons to go into the bootloader the screen will turn black and the device will vibrate once after I hold the buttons for a while, then it tries to reboot again and gets stuck bootlooping. Then I try the factory reset method through the nexus root toolkit, but fastboot fails to see the device since I can't get it into the bootloader! It also doesn't show up as the correct device when it is bootlooping and connected to my computer.

Am I scewed if i can't get to the bootloader? I don't know what went wrong. I just got it yesterday and assumed it would be super easy to root since it's a nexus device. :'(

Any help/ suggestions would be great.
24th July 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag mpls
Thanks Meter: 2,970

6,115 posts
More
You are correct, nexus devices are super easy to root especially without a toolkit, most rooting issues I've seen on any nexus device has been due to the use of a toolkit so I would advise not to use it.
Currently you need to get into bootloader so you can flash a custom recovery with fastboot and then flash ROM of choice from there
Try adb reboot bootloader while in bootloop but I have a feeling this won't work. So if not try powering on holding volume down, even try with volume up, just keep trying button combos to get it to boot into bootloader.
For further help try here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2670400
But keep trying to get into bootloader

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #3  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 341

1,054 posts
More
Try power and both volume buttons at the same time if you haven't already.
24th July 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfobrien

Try power and both volume buttons at the same time if you haven't already.

I have actually been trying that. I just let it die while it was bootlooping, so hopefully when it gets a little charge I can try to get it to go into the bootloader again. I have a feeling there's a bigger issue than that though.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked, nexus 10, no bootloader
Previous Thread Next Thread