Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,714 Members 46,840 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trouble rooting Nexus 10

Tip us?

joshuagsamuel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Trouble rooting Nexus 10

I've been following zedomax's Linux method to unlock the bootloader and root the Google Nexus 10 but after I type
Quote:
sudo ./fastboot-linux oem unlock
I get
Quote:
sudo: unable to execute ./fastboot-linux: No such file or directory

He5aid
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Have you installed fastboot-tools and adb-tools from you Linux distro's repos? If not, then you need to do that. Forget that other stuff.
After you install your distro's fastboot-tools you put your tablet in recovery mode (vol-up & vol-down & power on). In a terminal on your Linux box, type either su if you have su privileges OR sudo fastboot devices to see that your tablet is indeed in mode to accept fastboot commands. Then type fastboot oem unlock if you are su, else type sudo fastboot oem unlock.
--
Neal
The Following User Says Thank You to He5aid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshuagsamuel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by He5aid View Post
Have you installed fastboot-tools and adb-tools from you Linux distro's repos? If not, then you need to do that. Forget that other stuff.
After you install your distro's fastboot-tools you put your tablet in recovery mode (vol-up & vol-down & power on). In a terminal on your Linux box, type either su if you have su privileges OR sudo fastboot devices to see that your tablet is indeed in mode to accept fastboot commands. Then type fastboot oem unlock if you are su, else type sudo fastboot oem unlock.
--
Neal
I wish I read what you said earlier. I used wugfresh's nexus 10 toolkit and successfully unlocked my nexus 10 only to get into a boot loop. I managed to get CWM running but when I try to sideload the latest nightly of Cyanogemod I get a * cannot 'read' sideload error *

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,758
Can you post all input/output from terminal here, start with
adb devices
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshuagsamuel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by demkantor View Post
Can you post all input/output from terminal here, start with
adb devices
I got it fixed using wugfresh's toolkit on windows. Thanks everyone for the help.

XxLordxX
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,033

DONATE TO ME
Hi,

Just in case, in this thread I've posted a guide about unlocking N10 Bootloader, Rooting and Restoring to Stock guides for Linux. I think you might find useful for future reference, even though your problem in this thread was solved...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2670400

~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10
The Following User Says Thank You to XxLordxX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joshuagsamuel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxLordxX View Post
Hi,

Just in case, in this thread I've posted a guide about unlocking N10 Bootloader, Rooting and Restoring to Stock guides for Linux. I think you might find useful for future reference, even though your problem in this thread was solved...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2670400

~Lord

"Time is too short to cry, long enough to try." - March of Time (Helloween)
Sent from my KitKat Nexus 10
Thanks man I appreciate it.