No registration required

[Q] Nexus 10 battery issues

OP hillsfr

1st July 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Hi everyone,

I have an issue with my nexus that i'm looking for a little imput on. My nexus was doing fine when a number of things changed so i'm not sure what might be causing the issue. I bought a pogo charger and upgraded to 4.4.3. I had excellent battery life (used device all day and battery lasted all day) until 2 weeks after making those changes.

Suddenly, i started experiencing random crashes and reboots many times a day and about 10 days ago, the tablet won't stay on if not plugged in. sometimes the tablets screen will flicker and go off immediately after being unplugged, sometimes it'll go off after a few minutes. With the battery flunctuating between 0% charged or fully charged.

Since then i have called both google and samsung, who proved to be extremely useless not i'm out of warrantee. I've upgraded to 4.4.4, didn't work, flashed 4.4.3 and 4.4.2, and neither have worked.

So i'm thinking its a firmware issue and i'm just going to replace the battery. So my question is: Do you think this is an internal problem or just a bad battery and could it have been caused by the pogo charger?

I've been searching these forums for quite sometime and they've proved really helpful for tutorials on flashing stock images and such. Thank you so much (in advance) for your help!
1st July 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag Rocket City No Redneck
Thanks Meter: 7

34 posts
More
Yea it most definitely could be a battery issue. If you the right tools you might want to pop off the back and take a look inside for any loose wires, bad connections etc.. I can relate to the battery issues but what you have going on is most likely a hardware problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to suicidalintentions For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #3  
Flag Katy, TX
Thanks Meter: 14

101 posts
More
I had excessive battery drain and freeze ups when I updated to 4.4.3. I've gone back to 4.4.2 and no issues, I did do a wipe when installing 4.4.2 but it was worth it for me.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread