Purity rom f2fs

OP heaiser

21st July 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

106 posts
I was considering attempting to use the f2fs filesystem that is discussed in original android development but I'm a bit confused with what to do to load a new rom. Can anyone explain if it will work with the purity rom and what I need to do to get it working? Or also let me know if its not possible.
21st July 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

11 posts
Yes, I have used Purity with F2FS, but this filesystem is unstable because the system hangs usually (I have also tried with SlimKat and RastaKat with same hangs copying many files).

Basically:
- You must flash "twrp-unofficial-2.7.1.0-f2fs.img" as a normal recovery and change /data, /cache and /system (optional) to F2FS.
You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and press the "Repair or Change File System" button for change to F2FS. Use Wipe -> Format Data also (you will lost data in /sdcard).
- Install Purity ROM (if /system is converted to F2FS, you must use "convert2F2FS.jar" for modify ROM zip and must install this new ROM).
- If /system is F2FS, install "KTManta_F2FS-26-06-2014-ALLF2FS.zip" Kernel or "KTManta_F2FS-26-06-2014_CACHE_DATA_PARTITIONS.zip" else.
The Following User Says Thank You to patzzz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

106 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patzzz

Yes, I have used Purity with F2FS, but this filesystem is unstable because the system hangs usually (I have also tried with SlimKat and RastaKat with same hangs copying many files).

Basically:
- You must flash "twrp-unofficial-2.7.1.0-f2fs.img" as a normal recovery and change /data, /cache and /system (optional) to F2FS.
You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and press the "Repair or Change File System" button for change to F2FS. Use Wipe -> Format Data also (you will lost data in /sdcard).
- Install Purity ROM (if /system is converted to F2FS, you must use "convert2F2FS.jar" for modify ROM zip and must install this new ROM).
- If /system is F2FS, install "KTManta_F2FS-26-06-2014-ALLF2FS.zip" Kernel or "KTManta_F2FS-26-06-2014_CACHE_DATA_PARTITIONS.zip" else.

Where do you get convert2F2FS.jar?
21st July 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Thanks Meter: 205

307 posts
Donate to Me
More
Using f2fs with omnirom. All partition were formatted with f2fs. Having no issue with last update. You will find all resources in my thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Khaon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread