Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,109 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Purity rom f2fs

Tip us?

heaiser
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Purity rom f2fs

I was considering attempting to use the f2fs filesystem that is discussed in original android development but I'm a bit confused with what to do to load a new rom. Can anyone explain if it will work with the purity rom and what I need to do to get it working? Or also let me know if its not possible.

patzzz
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Yes, I have used Purity with F2FS, but this filesystem is unstable because the system hangs usually (I have also tried with SlimKat and RastaKat with same hangs copying many files).

Basically:
- You must flash "twrp-unofficial-2.7.1.0-f2fs.img" as a normal recovery and change /data, /cache and /system (optional) to F2FS.
You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and press the "Repair or Change File System" button for change to F2FS. Use Wipe -> Format Data also (you will lost data in /sdcard).
- Install Purity ROM (if /system is converted to F2FS, you must use "convert2F2FS.jar" for modify ROM zip and must install this new ROM).
- If /system is F2FS, install "KTManta_F2FS-26-06-2014-ALLF2FS.zip" Kernel or "KTManta_F2FS-26-06-2014_CACHE_DATA_PARTITIONS.zip" else.
The Following User Says Thank You to patzzz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

heaiser
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by patzzz View Post
Yes, I have used Purity with F2FS, but this filesystem is unstable because the system hangs usually (I have also tried with SlimKat and RastaKat with same hangs copying many files).

Basically:
- You must flash "twrp-unofficial-2.7.1.0-f2fs.img" as a normal recovery and change /data, /cache and /system (optional) to F2FS.
You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and press the "Repair or Change File System" button for change to F2FS. Use Wipe -> Format Data also (you will lost data in /sdcard).
- Install Purity ROM (if /system is converted to F2FS, you must use "convert2F2FS.jar" for modify ROM zip and must install this new ROM).
- If /system is F2FS, install "KTManta_F2FS-26-06-2014-ALLF2FS.zip" Kernel or "KTManta_F2FS-26-06-2014_CACHE_DATA_PARTITIONS.zip" else.
Where do you get convert2F2FS.jar?

Khaon
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Using f2fs with omnirom. All partition were formatted with f2fs. Having no issue with last update. You will find all resources in my thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Khaon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]