[Q] recently Verrrry slow charge: Charger/cable got damaged?

Search This thread

mcbyte_it

Nov 24, 2008
At first when I got my nexus 10, it was charging quite nice, overnight would charge from 30% to 100%, but recently it stopped doing so, for example tonight after 8 hours it got from 35% to 70%, all stock: same cable, same charger.
Also, sometimes I used to put it on charge while using it, like when watching video, and it used to charge even if slow, now when doing this it says charging but the battery level goes down....

can the stock charger or cable be damaged? why did it stop charging fast overtime?
I used the its usb cable and charger few times to charge my new OnePlus, which requires a high ampere charge, can this cause the charger to overwork and then damaging its power output?

I read about the pogo charger does the job better, but I also read about the 28/24 usb cables, and I guess that the stock cable is 28/28, they did it like this to sell pogo charger cables. but the main issue here is that with the same combination it was better a month ago....

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
I have multiple chargers around the house with various amperages that I use for all devices, except I do have a bit of fear using my oneplus chargers with others for your same reason
About a month ago we decided it was worth it to buy the pogo dock on eBay for our nexus ten so it can be used as a digital picture frame when not in use, great decision, it seems to charge faster than any of the other chargers and get to see pics of our newborn all day as well
Consider either this or buying a new cable/charger for much less money. Either way my best guess is this is what you need, but you can always try a factory reset or reflash stock to see if it is a software issue

rodrigorajao

Feb 21, 2009
At first when I got my nexus 10, it was charging quite nice, overnight would charge from 30% to 100%, but recently it

Mine had the exact same problem after about 15 months use. Combine the slow charging with the atrocious battery life and you're left with a barely usable tablet. I later bought the pogo cable and switched chargers to no avail. Then I just said screw this and sold it.

mcbyte_it

Nov 24, 2008
My nexus is 3 months old, so it can't suffer from battery wear down in such little time.

Will try resetting the whole thing and try again....