FORUMS

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

Yet another $20 qi charger (was $18, now $23)

421 posts
Thanks Meter: 117
 
By burnski, Senior Member on 30th August 2013, 07:41 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Found another one while surfing ebay. Appears to be a knock-off of the LG but i dont think its the Metrans one. $21 with shipping. Looks like it comes with a USB cable but not with the power adapter.

EDIT: wow, these keep dropping in price. Now $18: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300964279534...534%26_rdc%3D1

EDIT2: I think I tracked down the manufacturer in anyone is interested. They are made by "Okeler". Heres the manufacturers specs: http://okeler.manufacturer.globalsou...ss-Charger.htm








Anyone have one?
Last edited by burnski; 9th October 2013 at 08:25 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to burnski For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
3rd September 2013, 12:59 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnski

Anyone have one?

I bought one (white + orange) and have been using it over the past week

Looks great, feels solid and well made, and comes in proper retail packaging! You are correct, it doesn't come with a power adapter, just two micro USB leads (one long and one short) to use with your own. I'm using a 2.1A supply and it charges the phone from empty in about the same time as AC charging (2.5 hours). LED on the front is green when powered up and goes blue when a phone is placed on it for charging. Putting the Nexus 4 on charge is easy as it doesn't seem to be that fussy about placement, just plonk it down just off centre (towards the lower half where I'm guessing the phones receiver must be). The pad is not much wider than the phone itself so there's very little room to get it wrong!

The coloured ring around the top not only looks good, but its made of a tacky rubbery material, so the Nexus 4 doesn't slide about once you place it down (this is the reason I chose to go for this over the LG charger)

So far, no complaints at all! I didn't see the point of wireless charging before using it, I just bought it to have a play and to see how the tech works but I'm now a convert - I've been that impressed by this charger I've just ordered another
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RadBadMark For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2013, 02:12 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Now only $9.15 (including shipping). look forward to some reviews.

edit. my mistake, $9.15 was the price for the receiver only (for those that need one).
Last edited by sunnycheeba; 3rd September 2013 at 08:49 AM.
3rd September 2013, 03:20 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
It was 9.15 USD initially but turned 22.97 USD immediately after I click None at the receiver type box.
3rd September 2013, 06:09 AM |#5  
evoandroidevo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
i just bought one hope it works well
3rd September 2013, 05:35 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadBadMark

I bought one (white + orange) and have been using it over the past week

Looks great, feels solid and well made, and comes in proper retail packaging! You are correct, it doesn't come with a power adapter, just two micro USB leads (one long and one short) to use with your own. I'm using a 2.1A supply and it charges the phone from empty in about the same time as AC charging (2.5 hours). LED on the front is green when powered up and goes blue when a phone is placed on it for charging. Putting the Nexus 4 on charge is easy as it doesn't seem to be that fussy about placement, just plonk it down just off centre (towards the lower half where I'm guessing the phones receiver must be). The pad is not much wider than the phone itself so there's very little room to get it wrong!

The coloured ring around the top not only looks good, but its made of a tacky rubbery material, so the Nexus 4 doesn't slide about once you place it down (this is the reason I chose to go for this over the LG charger)

So far, no complaints at all! I didn't see the point of wireless charging before using it, I just bought it to have a play and to see how the tech works but I'm now a convert - I've been that impressed by this charger I've just ordered another


can you grab the app "currentwidget" and see what the live charging rate is? I have the WCP-300, as well as the orb, and they charge at around 575-600mA using a 1.8A stock power adapter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-20-13-13-43.jpg
Views:	1760
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	2232241  
3rd September 2013, 06:11 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadBadMark

I bought one (white + orange) and have been using it over the past week

do you happen to have a tablet, maybe nexus 7? can you try?
4th September 2013, 02:15 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
They mention this is a 2nd generation qi charger.. might just be marketing bull****. They mention it has a built in temperature sensor and will react when your phone gets too hot. I just ordered one in black with a green ring(for android), we'll see how it does
4th September 2013, 08:34 AM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Anyone know if this will fit in the LG smart fit2 cradle? They seem to be a similar size.
4th September 2013, 09:48 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnski

can you grab the app "currentwidget" and see what the live charging rate is? I have the WCP-300, as well as the orb, and they charge at around 575-600mA using a 1.8A stock power adapter.

Seems to be pretty much the same, I'm seeing 600-650mA mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlite

do you happen to have a tablet, maybe nexus 7? can you try?

I would if I could - I only have access to the old Nexus 7, not the new one, sorry.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnski

can you grab the app "currentwidget" and see what the live charging rate is? I have the WCP-300, as well as the orb, and they charge at around 575-600mA using a 1.8A stock power adapter.

Actually on looking through the currentwidget logs, with the screen off it seems to charge at a much higher rate, 750-770mA.
5th September 2013, 03:32 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
It look great but i don't see is dimension. What is it lengh and it height? Thank!

Envoyé depuis mon Nexus 4 avec Tapatalk 4

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes