Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,749 Members 40,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Yet another $20 qi charger (was $18, now $23)

Tip us?

burnski
Old
(Last edited by burnski; 9th October 2013 at 08:25 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Yet another $20 qi charger (was $18, now $23)

Found another one while surfing ebay. Appears to be a knock-off of the LG but i dont think its the Metrans one. $21 with shipping. Looks like it comes with a USB cable but not with the power adapter.

EDIT: wow, these keep dropping in price. Now $18: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300964279534...534%26_rdc%3D1

EDIT2: I think I tracked down the manufacturer in anyone is interested. They are made by "Okeler". Heres the manufacturers specs: http://okeler.manufacturer.globalsou...ss-Charger.htm

Anyone have one?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to burnski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RadBadMark
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnski View Post
Anyone have one?
I bought one (white + orange) and have been using it over the past week

Looks great, feels solid and well made, and comes in proper retail packaging! You are correct, it doesn't come with a power adapter, just two micro USB leads (one long and one short) to use with your own. I'm using a 2.1A supply and it charges the phone from empty in about the same time as AC charging (2.5 hours). LED on the front is green when powered up and goes blue when a phone is placed on it for charging. Putting the Nexus 4 on charge is easy as it doesn't seem to be that fussy about placement, just plonk it down just off centre (towards the lower half where I'm guessing the phones receiver must be). The pad is not much wider than the phone itself so there's very little room to get it wrong!

The coloured ring around the top not only looks good, but its made of a tacky rubbery material, so the Nexus 4 doesn't slide about once you place it down (this is the reason I chose to go for this over the LG charger)

So far, no complaints at all! I didn't see the point of wireless charging before using it, I just bought it to have a play and to see how the tech works but I'm now a convert - I've been that impressed by this charger I've just ordered another
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RadBadMark For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sunnycheeba
Old
(Last edited by sunnycheeba; 3rd September 2013 at 08:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 82
Now only $9.15 (including shipping). look forward to some reviews.

edit. my mistake, $9.15 was the price for the receiver only (for those that need one).

DeepMemory
Old
Thanks Meter 13
It was 9.15 USD initially but turned 22.97 USD immediately after I click None at the receiver type box.

evoandroidevo
Old
Thanks Meter 77
i just bought one hope it works well

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTC Hero > HTC Evo 4g > HTC Evo 3D > Samsung Galaxy S III > LG Nexus 4 > LG Nexus 5

burnski
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadBadMark View Post

Looks great, feels solid and well made, and comes in proper retail packaging! You are correct, it doesn't come with a power adapter, just two micro USB leads (one long and one short) to use with your own. I'm using a 2.1A supply and it charges the phone from empty in about the same time as AC charging (2.5 hours). LED on the front is green when powered up and goes blue when a phone is placed on it for charging. Putting the Nexus 4 on charge is easy as it doesn't seem to be that fussy about placement, just plonk it down just off centre (towards the lower half where I'm guessing the phones receiver must be). The pad is not much wider than the phone itself so there's very little room to get it wrong!

The coloured ring around the top not only looks good, but its made of a tacky rubbery material, so the Nexus 4 doesn't slide about once you place it down (this is the reason I chose to go for this over the LG charger)

So far, no complaints at all! I didn't see the point of wireless charging before using it, I just bought it to have a play and to see how the tech works but I'm now a convert - I've been that impressed by this charger I've just ordered another

can you grab the app "currentwidget" and see what the live charging rate is? I have the WCP-300, as well as the orb, and they charge at around 575-600mA using a 1.8A stock power adapter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-20-13-13-43.jpg
Views:	1702
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	2232241  

neonlite
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadBadMark View Post
do you happen to have a tablet, maybe nexus 7? can you try?
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 | Stock Rooted 4.4.2 Xposed Mods

-------------------

Device history:

Sony Xperia Tablet Z
LG Nexus 4
Asus Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
Motorola Droid 3
HTC Desire Z
Apple iPhone 4
HTC Diamond

uncola
Old
Thanks Meter 10
They mention this is a 2nd generation qi charger.. might just be marketing bull****. They mention it has a built in temperature sensor and will react when your phone gets too hot. I just ordered one in black with a green ring(for android), we'll see how it does

0mfgroflmao
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Anyone know if this will fit in the LG smart fit2 cradle? They seem to be a similar size.

RadBadMark
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
can you grab the app "currentwidget" and see what the live charging rate is? I have the WCP-300, as well as the orb, and they charge at around 575-600mA using a 1.8A stock power adapter.
Seems to be pretty much the same, I'm seeing 600-650mA mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonlite View Post
do you happen to have a tablet, maybe nexus 7? can you try?
I would if I could - I only have access to the old Nexus 7, not the new one, sorry.

---------- Post added at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Actually on looking through the currentwidget logs, with the screen off it seems to charge at a much higher rate, 750-770mA.