OP destroyer67

2nd August 2013, 09:31 PM   |  #101  
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 73

347 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo.sena

This charger works ok when connected to pc usb port?

Define "OK"?

It will charge, yes, but at a slower rate (500mah) than what you would get with a 2V 1Amp (1000mah) plug in the wall.

This is actually perfect for my use case at the office, but might not be sufficient for you.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmack

Mine shipped on the 16th and I live in San Francisco, CA.

Will let everyone know when it arrives.

Took a little longer than others here (shipped on the 16th, arrived on the 1st in SF, CA USA) but all in all not too bad.

I've only been using it for half the morning, but so far I'm happy with it using USB from computer to keep i topped up throughout the work day.
2nd August 2013, 10:19 PM   |  #102  
Thanks Meter: 178

343 posts
Quote:

Define "OK"?

It will charge, yes, but at a slower rate (500mah) than what you would get with a 2V 1Amp (1000mah) plug in the wall.

This is actually perfect for my use case at the office, but might not be sufficient for you.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Took a little longer than others here (shipped on the 16th, arrived on the 1st in SF, CA USA) but all in all not too bad.

I've only been using it for half the morning, but so far I'm happy with it using USB from computer to keep i topped up throughout the work day.

As long as it doesn't discharge (very very bad signal area) is fine i guess..

Sent from mobile.
2nd August 2013, 11:12 PM   |  #103  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 45

130 posts
More
Quote:

Define "OK"?

The normal nexus 4 charger is ok?

I have to buy a 5V 1A or 5V 2A?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
3rd August 2013, 12:17 AM   |  #104  
San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 73

347 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukikai

The normal nexus 4 charger is ok?

I have to buy a 5V 1A or 5V 2A?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

I haven't tried it myself - sadly I have so many spare plug lying around that I don't know which one belongs to which phone. I just know which one's are 5V 1A and 5V 2A.

On this page of this thread, other's discussed having trouble with the stock N4 charger:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2360202&page=7
3rd August 2013, 02:10 AM   |  #105  
Flag Jersey Shore
Thanks Meter: 8

42 posts
More
Quote:

I haven't tried it myself - sadly I have so many spare plug lying around that I don't know which one belongs to which phone. I just know which one's are 5V 1A and 5V 2A.

On this page of this thread, other's discussed having trouble with the stock N4 charger:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2360202&page=7

I purchased a zens charger. It comes with a hardwired wall plug (No USP components). It puts out 12 volts to the charger but only 1.0A. Go figure. But it works great.
3rd August 2013, 08:52 AM   |  #106  
Thanks Meter: 518

1,293 posts
More
Works fine here on N4 charger. Only thing is it switches off at 100% and so unless you shut down phone overnight is down a few percent by morning. Is this normal behaviour for wireless chargers?
3rd August 2013, 09:51 AM   |  #107  
Thanks Meter: 44

320 posts
More
As reported above this only happens with the n4 charger and maybe others rated below 2a output

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to WibblyW For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2013, 04:22 PM   |  #108  
Flag Jersey Shore

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restorer

Works fine here on N4 charger. Only thing is it switches off at 100% and so unless you shut down phone overnight is down a few percent by morning. Is this normal behaviour for wireless chargers?

Mine (Zens) shuts down when the phone hits 100% but when the phone drops to about 96 or 97 it kicks back in again. I am not a heavy user, so there a non issue for me, but if I think i'am going to have a long day, when I get up I just pick the phone up and place it back down again. If it's not 100% it will charge and by the time I am out the door, it will be 100%.
3rd August 2013, 05:12 PM   |  #109  
Thanks Meter: 518

1,293 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhonb

Mine (Zens) shuts down when the phone hits 100% but when the phone drops to about 96 or 97 it kicks back in again. I am not a heavy user, so there a non issue for me, but if I think i'am going to have a long day, when I get up I just pick the phone up and place it back down again. If it's not 100% it will charge and by the time I am out the door, it will be 100%.

I'll see what happens on my Transformer Prime charger overnight tonight - that's 5.15V/2A .
3rd August 2013, 05:18 PM   |  #110  
Flag Jersey Shore

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restorer

I'll see what happens on my Transformer Prime charger overnight tonight - that's 5.15V/2A .

I have this free app/widget, battery solo, that will actually show you the charge cycles of my phone. I see where my phone charger come on two additional times last night after it's initial charge. Looks like it drops down about 3% before that happens. You might want to try it so you can see what happens. You can dump the app when your done with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jhonb For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
metrans, qi charger, wireless charger
Previous Thread Next Thread