Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Best N4 Screen Protectors for under $10

OP gorilla p

30th June 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #11  
Flag Bismarck, ND
Thanks Meter: 520

1,711 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortunz

I used halo, got them off amazon. They are dry, and don't cover the curved portion of the glass, but the cutouts are perfect and cause no sensor issues, about $6 shipped for 3, IIRC. They seem to be as durable as the boxwaves and clairvues that I used on past devices that were more expensive.

I would second this... Halo screen protectors are really good for the price. Some users report issues with them lifting on the edges where it curves but I have not seen this. Very clear, good touch response, and don't interfere with any sensors.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
6th September 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #12  
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 227

833 posts
More
I just picked up a couple Nillkin/Redpepper tempered glass screen protectors off eBay for $6.50ea. Nice packaging (despite the spelling errors on the box), and sturdy, unlike the one I ordered from China and came shattered. Comes with rubbing alcohol pad and microfiber cloth. Took a long, hot shower, then left the water going and applied the screen protector without a speck of dust under it (humidity keeps lint/dust from circulating in the air). The protector is exactly the width of the LCD, which leaves plenty of room for cases that overlap the screen edges. There's adhesive across the whole glass, so dust won't get underneath, unlike the XGear Fantom 4. No issues with touch sensitivity.

I like the durability of XtremeGuard, but not so much the rubbery feel, nor the fact that putting any case on will push the edges up and cause peeling. The dry application ones feel better, but are less durable against scratching. This is the first time I've used a tempered glass protector, and I don't think I can ever go back to other types. Naked glass just feels so much better.
7th September 2014, 11:47 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 92

471 posts
More
I'm satisfied with the N4 display, after quite a few phones which were Gorilla Glass but not so good. The last good screen was the Samsung Wave 3's OLED with Gorilla Glass 1, it was impossible to scratch. N4 continues the legacy, i've been using it without a screen protector for 6 months and there are no scratches.

And after applying exponential brightness mapping mode, the screen became a fusion of IPS & OLED, blacks are pitch black now
9th October 2014, 09:34 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
You won't need any screenprotector on this device I had my Nexus 4 for over a year now, not a single scratch on the display so far.

And yet I lifting lot of Europe pallett, pusing it to my body (and near my pocket.)
20th October 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 37

480 posts
Tech Armor make fantastic protector for the sceen.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
e960, lcd, mako, naeux4, screen
Previous Thread Next Thread