5,593,876 Members 47,575 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

case for nexus shipping delay..anyone know if tmo stores have cases in stock?

Tip us?

nyvram1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default case for nexus shipping delay..anyone know if tmo stores have cases in stock?

Can I just overpay for one at tmobile so i dont break my damn phone before the stupid cases i ordered ship? the ones i picked (poetic) arent showing shipping for another 2 weeks so i want to buy something now to hold me over.

nexus9988
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
I know you can get one on ebay for ~$125 if your super desperate or you can buy another companies one for super cheap until it comes in

bfspider
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvram1 View Post
Can I just overpay for one at tmobile so i dont break my damn phone before the stupid cases i ordered ship? the ones i picked (poetic) arent showing shipping for another 2 weeks so i want to buy something now to hold me over.
I haven't seen any reports of any TMo stores carrying accessories. However, your mileage may vary depending on location.
Nexus 5:BEERGANG ★KANGAKAT★
Need a Dropbox account? http://db.tt/wrXSsZf

ryan92084
Old
Thanks Meter 35
My store couldn't even do a simple sim swap right let alone figure out if there were any plans to carry the bumper.

XxSuntoucherxX
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I find myself around 3 different company owned T-mobile stores daily. 1 by my apartment, 1 by the subway on the way to work, and another down the block from my job. Combined, each one gives a good representation of what T-mobile is offering in general... Meaning that none of the 3 have the same total inventory, and they all have more to offer then the others. Depends on your phone I would guess. For example, I won't stereotype but the T-mobile by my apartment has a TON of stuff for the Samsung Galaxy line, while the others have either more HTC, LG, and oddly enough a lot of Nokia. Like I didn't even know there were that many Nokia accessories available...

My point is, I've asked every day in a combination of the 3 stores if they have covers or cases yet for the N4. Each store either pulled something out of their ass, or were at least straight with me by saying no, and they don't know when. This is as of today.

What I ended up doing on Wednesday was heading to the AT&T right next door to my job to pick up a LG Optimus G bumper case. Obviously not perfect, but strangely enough very ideal. It actually made me want to get the Google bumper case because it frames the phone well while showing it off. Unfortunately though, it was designed for the Optimus G. It really "squares" off the phone a lot, to the point where it looks like you actually have an OG in there. If you can deal with the bulk till something more ideal comes along, I recommend it.... Here's the rub though. On Friday, I received the thin TPU case that I had ordered from eBay. It's definitely worth the $3 I paid for it, but I'm still holding out for either a 3DO or a bumper case. I'll keep asking, and I'll update this post if/when I find that T-mobile has cases in the stores.

qury
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSuntoucherxX View Post
... but I'm still holding out for either a 3DO or a bumper case.
Has anyone tried the Tech21 Impact Slip case for S3 with a Nexus4? The dimensions are not too different, so i'm playing with an idea to order one, but it is quite pricey and i'm a bit reluctant to order...

snuphy
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Talking call your local store

called my local tmobile store, they just got cases today for n4. $30 Bucks, amazing case, perfect fit, there are covers on power/vol but they are impressive, easier to press than without the case.

best yet its not bulky at all.

case is a body glove, white. here's the s3 version of the same case: as it's not even listed on their website yet.

Dual layer protection
Gel, impact resistant interior
Hard shell exterior to defend against bumps, scratches, and more
Comfortable side grips for extra cushioning