what kind of case do you use ?

Search This thread

GaspRulez

Apr 17, 2014
Rome
Guys, do you think that I should change my ringke fusion with a ringke slim?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

pjc123

Feb 7, 2013
www.flaminghellmet.com
I have been using this case for over a year:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALL-BLACK-R...846038?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item589d293716

The main feature I wanted was a case with a hard plastic slide on cover that fully protects the front screen, and which didn't cost a fortune. The only issue I had with this case was with the belt clip, which too easily detaches if the phone gets snagged on something while walking; so I just removed the clip and carry the phone in my pocket. Very durable and I am happy with it, but not for someone who wants a slim or light case.

EDIT: Looks like it is no longer available.

Last edited:

wolfen69

Feb 25, 2012
Woodstock, GA USA
which didn't cost a fortune.

Yeah, ebay and china make a good team. ;) ;) ;)

I now use the ringke fusion case, but wish it was the 100% clear one like the N5 has.

As an aside, I bought the N4 because I liked the way it looks, and use minimal/medium protection cases with clear backs. But when I know I'm going to have adult beverages, I put on the triple armor case. And that strategy has saved my phone a few times. If other people did what I did, these "screen repair" shops would be out of business.

As even another aside, I find it amusing when I hear of people that go "naked", drop/destroy their phones, and say they wouldn't change a thing if they had to do it all over again. Minimal clear case maybe? Hey, it's your money.

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I have been using this case for over a year:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALL-BLACK-R...846038?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item589d293716

The main feature I wanted was a case with a hard plastic slide on cover that fully protects the front screen, and which didn't cost a fortune. The only issue I had with this case was with the belt clip, which too easily detaches if the phone gets snagged on something while walking; so I just removed the clip and carry the phone in my pocket. Very durable and I am happy with it, but not for someone who wants a slim or light case.

EDIT: Looks like it is no longer available.
This case is available on Amazon for under $5 in about a dozen color combinations... I have a red/black one and its decent and not bulky. For the price they are great but don't offer the "corner drop" protection of something like Ionic, Ballistic, or similar quality hybrid cases.

D

Deleted member 5163087

I have a dbrand black leather skin on the back. I've dropped the phone 2 or 3 times on tiles and not a scratch. I'm careful with my devices though.

I usually don't use a case, but when I know I'm going to be doing some hard work I put it in a s-line case that I got for $2 just to be safe.

Sent from my Nexus 4

mandhir.s.bajwa

Sep 19, 2011
New Delhi
LG G8X ThinQ
I've been using the ringky fuzion case since day one along with Mahogany skin from Dbrand. Looks perfect and all buttons works like charm.

Although I love using the phone without any case. Companies spend hell lot of money in designing the phones, and I hate covering them and hiding the actual design elements.

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
I'm using the Diztronic matte black case; nothing special but I've used it for over year and it's holding up well. Good for the price.

I'm using a ACase Suppleggera Pro, since it's the closest to an Otterbox Commuter that I could find (in fact, I think it's nicer than Otterboxes). I like it, but it's a bit on the bulky side (that's the price for protection I guess), so I'm thinking of trying something thinner, and Diztronic seems to be universally liked. I'm typically wary of TPU cases, since they don't offer that much protection, but I use on on my Galaxy Light, and I've dropped it a bunch of times and nothing has broken yet. The Nexus 4 is quite a bit heavier though.

themetester

Jul 14, 2013
Amsterdam
Rearth Fan

I use the ringke fusion black or the ringke sim white. The fusion survived when dropped from 2.5 feet and cracked my floor

scorpioa

Mar 27, 2014
I'm using Transparent TPU Jelly SGP. Its's kinda ugly but i got used to it.I dropped my phone yesterday when i was in a shop.My heart stopped for a second, then i picked it up and the cover looks clear.Worth the money

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been using the Ionic Guardian case for a while as my everyday case, really like it, and it is pretty cheap, under $10 for most colors. I also have a red Turtle Armor case that I use sometimes, it is pretty cheap but works well and has a holster. I did use a Mybat Tuff case for a while, it was great, but I just can't find it.

Been looking at the Boxwave Active series case lately, might order one with my next Amazon purchase to see what it is like, although for the price you can get an Otterbox, Trident, or Ballistic case.
    I've actually found that using no case, at least on this phone is the best for me. For one, I'm not afraid of dropping my phone because I rarely do. But for another reason, I find cases tend to make the phone buttons harder to use. I bought a legit SPIGEN case per my friend's recommendation but as soon as I got it I hated it. Buttons become harder to press because its no longer raised out of the body as much, and the thing I hate most is that the case was actually slippier to hold than the phone naked, because this phone has the side grip. With the case, I would have to use slide2wake/lock to make daily use easier but I like the slim feeling of the phone so there's no case for me. I've yet to find a good case for this phone so if people have one, let us know, I'm curious.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

I have a Ringke Fusion and find this case actually makes the buttons easier to press. There have been a handful of times without the case that I have to physically look at the phone to find the buttons.

Using a white Ringke Slim and loving it.

There's one problem though, the bit covering the front on the top left is larger than all the other ones, causing my phone to wobble when face-down on a table. Anyone else have this problem?

No problem with my Fusion but I did read some reviews. See if they will do an exchange for you.

As stated I have the Ringke Fusion. The added protection is great. I've dropped it a couple times and the bumper has handled it like a boss! Still being able to see what makes this phone so beautiful is a bonus! Why get a N4 if you're just going to cover up what makes it so pretty?

But, I digress, I think I'm going to opt for something like ghost armor as dust/dirt has gotten between the case and the phone and has marred the plastic fairly well. Does not appear to be any damages to the glass, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Also, the case seems to have vertically scratched the chrome trim around the bottom edge of the device.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app
    You guys know where can i find a red gel soft case? i bought one blue for 3€ but it's not so soft..:(
    nillkin white....cant find ringke anywhere in my country
    You might be interested in this thread.

ramjet73
    I use the main-stream ringke fusion case and have tossed it up, down, all around in my college dorm room without anything happening to it. I've dropped it a few times, but nonetheless the case has protected my Nexus 4 very well.

Yeah, Ringke Fusion cases are good, while not too bulky. I just wish they made the clear fusion case for the N4.