Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,416 Members 39,624 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

what kind of case do you use ?

Tip us?

SetPT
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet73 View Post
This may be a clone (or re-branded version) of the Meifeng Quicksand?

Not bad for $8 with free shipping.

ramjet73
Looks like a really good clone!! But its hard to tell :\

It's a shame that meifeng stopped doing those cases for our phone!

Nexus 5 has better cases :\ I feel like only meifengs quicksand cases have that premium quality. I paid 5/6.6$ for each! But i dont think i can find them again...

Flipz77
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SetPT View Post
I bought a Meifeng Quicksand Ultra Slim in October. It's simple the best. It holded on until like a month ago when it started to peel off. Since then i bought 2 clone cases and they didnt have any quality. They didnt fit right, they didnt protect as much, and i couldnt find more Meifengs. Today i found them on Ebay, only 2 left, one gray and one blue. Bought them both!

The best case for Nexus 4.
I wouldn't say that this kind of case "protects" that well... An impact on the "naked" edges is still gonna shatter the glass. It's a matter of taste, I understand,, but why risk the back glass (with bumpers) or, much worse, the front glass with this kind of case?

ItsTommyBoy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I use the main-stream ringke fusion case and have tossed it up, down, all around in my college dorm room without anything happening to it. I've dropped it a few times, but nonetheless the case has protected my Nexus 4 very well.

wolfen69
Old
Thanks Meter 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTommyBoy View Post
I use the main-stream ringke fusion case and have tossed it up, down, all around in my college dorm room without anything happening to it. I've dropped it a few times, but nonetheless the case has protected my Nexus 4 very well.
Yeah, Ringke Fusion cases are good, while not too bulky. I just wish they made the clear fusion case for the N4.

My Devices:

HTC G1
Nexus One
Nexus 4

The Following User Says Thank You to wolfen69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

webdevoman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Acase.. Saved my phone numerous times. Has a hardshell with a separate rubber inner. Best case I've ever had.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

utsmaster18
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdevoman View Post
Acase.. Saved my phone numerous times. Has a hardshell with a separate rubber inner. Best case I've ever had.

I have the same case. Definitely very strong in terms of protection but one thing is that it is bulkier than a ringke fusion. I've dropped the phone a couple times from 4 feet and not a single scratch anywhere. That's why I'm hesitating to move to lighter case because I know this one works very well.

One good feature which also has a downside is that the case envelops the phone so that if the phone were to fall flat, the screen wouldn't make contact with the ground. But this also affects typing as you can't get right to the very edge. Not a problem for me because I use SwiftKey Flow but can be a problem for others.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Nexus

webdevoman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, it is a little bulky but with an all glass phone I think it is needed.

I also know what you mean about the lip but it is there to protect the screen.

I'm hoping my next phone will be one where a case is not needed. The nexus 4 is awesome but very fragile. If not for this case though I would have had to upgrade months ago. lol