Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,341 Members 48,901 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cheap extra physical button via 3.5mm jack

Tip us?

faybarn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Cheap extra physical button via 3.5mm jack

Just found what I think is a good deal and potentially quite a bit of fun to be had with my phone. Was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with one of these and if they will work with our nexus 4's.

The one I have ordered is from DX.com for £2.35

http://www.dx.com/p/3-5mm-plug-short...3#.U5BztHNwZfc

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to faybarn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paleszgergo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default shortcut key

Quote:
Originally Posted by faybarn View Post
Just found what I think is a good deal and potentially quite a bit of fun to be had with my phone. Was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with one of these and if they will work with our nexus 4's.

The one I have ordered is from DX.com for £2.35

http://www.dx.com/p/3-5mm-plug-short...3#.U5BztHNwZfc

I've got one, works great. I'm using my nexus with Reath hybrid case, fits perfect.
The Following User Says Thank You to paleszgergo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

faybarn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by paleszgergo View Post
I've got one, works great. I'm using my nexus with Reath hybrid case, fits perfect.
Well I've got the Ringke Fusion case so hopefully it'll fit nicely too, just hope the postage from China to the UK doesn't take forever.

fortunz
Old
Thanks Meter 104
I was almost drawn in by pressy, which I assume this is aping. But the placement didn't work for what I wanted. I came from a tilting sliding qwerty, that when open and held in portrait, closely resembled a book and was very comfortable to turn ebook pages with (my thumb hovered right over the keyboard's arrow keys with no reaching necessary). QWERTYs are endangered these days, and tilting QWERTYs even moreso.

For anyone else looking for an alternate 'extra button' solution, check out Dimple on indiegogo. NFC buttons that can be placed nearly anywhere on the back of most phones and can be programmed pretty broadly. Not very cheap ($27 for 4 buttons $17 2 buttons), but very handy looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dimple4.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	2798452   Click image for larger version

Name:	dimplle1.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	2798453