6th February 2013, 03:19 PM   |  #21  
Flag Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 516

2,645 posts
More
Re: Clarivue hd glass on sale, $30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxidian

I haven't looked it up, don't know offhand, but let's say you're right. If that's the case, then your large, single sapphire crystal screen protector will likely be costing ~$200,000. Not $30. This is just tempered glass, not sapphire.

Again, I call bull. But I have no proof. I'd believe 8H at most.

Why would it be $200,000? There are a lot of watches with a decent sized crystal that are under $1,000.

But anyways, if the hardness is like 4H, I'll be happy. A screen protector is supposed to get scratched.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
6th February 2013, 06:38 PM   |  #22  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 58

621 posts
More
I just ordered one of these bad boys. Hopefully they turn out nice.

I was looking for a great quality rear cover, and if the front ends up working out, that's just a bonus!
7th February 2013, 11:25 AM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 31

226 posts
Anyone know how to convert pencil grading scale (9H) to Mohs scale?
The Following User Says Thank You to vyis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2013, 02:55 PM   |  #24  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 5,503

5,853 posts
Donate to Me
More
Does anyone have experience with them on other devices? I've never had a tempered glass screen protector but the idea is cool. I read that Xgear is making one as well. I think I remember reading about the Xgear on the GS3 wasn't that great
7th February 2013, 03:29 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 125

592 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc

Does anyone have experience with them on other devices? I've never had a tempered glass screen protector but the idea is cool. I read that Xgear is making one as well. I think I remember reading about the Xgear on the GS3 wasn't that great

I had the Xgear on my Galaxy Nexus and the feel, clarity was outstanding and I'm glad to see we will have two options for a glass screen protector for the N4. The only issue over time with the Gnex versions is the curved screen and the adhesive could lift off at the edge in the middle/lower part of the screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to FSRBIKER For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2013, 09:56 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyis

Anyone know how to convert pencil grading scale (9H) to Mohs scale?

I'm unfamiliar with the pencil grading scale.

I do know that as long as the pencil lead is graphite it should have a hardness between 1 and 2 on the Mohs scale.
Last edited by Pinkbelly; 8th February 2013 at 03:59 AM. Reason: clarification
7th February 2013, 10:57 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 17

125 posts
Has anybody who preordered receive a shipping message from them? I noticed on their website today that the ETA went from today, then to the 14th (might have been the 15th), then finally to coming soon. I contacted their live chat to find out if something went wrong with the protector and they said that they have already allocated the first shipment to customers in the order of their purchase. That's good news I guess. The concerning news for me is they stated that they have no ETA for the second batch thus the change to just coming soon on their website. They then stated that they would email customers once they have a "firm ETA." I have not received a shipping notice yet however I only preordered on Sunday or Monday. So assuming you believe this story (which I have no evidence otherwise, but I have to admit that it sounded a little weird) then some should be getting theirs soon while everyone else is waiting on a new shipment which has no ETA at the moment. I would love to hear from someone who has received a shipping notice and then of course a review once they receive it.
8th February 2013, 12:00 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
I ordered today and received a shipment tracking number as well.

Should be here in a week or so.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
8th February 2013, 01:23 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 17

125 posts
I just received a message from Clarivue about an hour ago. Seems the first batch was defective and that they couldn't ship them out in good conscience. I appreciate the honesty and will maintain my order with them for as long as I can wait to get a screen protector.
8th February 2013, 06:49 AM   |  #30  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 77

182 posts
Donate to Me
More
Looks like I'm back ordered too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread