Diztronic TPU Case VIDEO+WRITTEN REVIEW

Search This thread

resynx

Jun 14, 2010
I kinda already know this answer to this, but what's the difference? I'm looking into getting XO skins for the front and back, but how much does the case fit version differ? I would want it to not leave a big gap between the screen protect and edges because I might not always have this case on

Some pictures of a case fit on the Galaxy Nexus, gap should be about the same on here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20480575&highlight=case+fit#post20480575

Reactions: TotalBS

Nxxx

Dec 20, 2011
I should hopefully have reviews up for the hard shell as well as the colored versions of the cases some time this weekend. Stay tuned guys! :highfive:

j.smith

Jan 16, 2010
Ottawa
Thank you for the video review! Actually seeing how it fits the phone (seems very snug) and over-all appearance and such really help.

I just placed my order - hope they get here before Christmas, though that's giving them one week to ship, so kinda doubt it (in Canada) :) We'll also get to see how it deals with having an XtremeGuard screen protector on it... but this case will win out even if the screen protector gets in the way :) Case > glass cover.

Nxxx

Dec 20, 2011
Thank you for the video review! Actually seeing how it fits the phone (seems very snug) and over-all appearance and such really help.

I just placed my order - hope they get here before Christmas, though that's giving them one week to ship, so kinda doubt it (in Canada) :) We'll also get to see how it deals with having an XtremeGuard screen protector on it... but this case will win out even if the screen protector gets in the way :) Case > glass cover.

Please let us know how it fits w/ a protector!

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nexus 4 Diztronic Case Review

$12.50- Diztronic Matte Black TPU
    $12.50- Diztronic Matte Smoke TPU
    Diztronic Website

Design

5/5

The back of the case has a nice glossy tough black cover. The bottom of the case has a good looking shiny Diztronic logo on it and a slot cut open for the camera and speakers. The edges are made of a gelly type of material that makes the case easy to go in, but tougher to take out. This is a plus in my book because it makes the phone seem like it melts into the case. The edges of the case go over the screen making a bit of a "lip". This could be an issue if you use a screen protector, but don't quote me on it. The buttons can be pressed very easily and they aren't stiff at all. The buttons are the most easy to press out of any case I have ever used.

Protection

5/5

This case protects all aspects of the phone while still keeping a thin and light profile. The "lip" on the front of the case will definitely help to reduce the impact on the phone if dropped face first.

Final Verdict

5/5

This is probably the best case I've used so far for the Nexus 4. At $12.99 you get a high quality case made with premium materials. You can tell Diztronic took the time to make sure they got everything right. This case gives you maximum protection, looks, and feel while keeping your beloved Nexus 4 protected.
    just got this case in today, great case, wish the back was exposed going to want the charging orb when it comes out, bumpers are still sold out unfortunately

Our case works with wireless chargers

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Lol. As if we don't know. Btw, they are available for just over 2 bucks shipped in ebay. I bought one, but still looking to get this high quality case. But, unfortunately they don't ship to my country.

Sent from my GT-I9100

Which country is that? As long as it's a country that we haven't had problems sending packages to, we will add it to the approved list on our website. For the most part the only places we limit are middle east, africa, south america, and south east asia. Feel free to send us a message via a Support ticket if you haven't already if your in area other than the ones I previously mentioned.

---------- Post added at 11:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

How's the screen protector? Any cons?
    Ordered mine couple days ago. Should be getting it tomorrow:)
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

We aren't including screen protectors with our new models anymore. Previous models that included a screen protector will continue to include them. We just had too many problems with customers being frustrated with the installation process. You'd be surprised how many customers actually pull the stickers right off the plastic and try to stick the screen protector on to the display with the protective films still attached! This led to feedback/product reviews saying things like "1 star - great case but the screen protector was the worst ever!" despite us switching to the highest grade Japanese PET film that we could find almost a year ago. We are going to stick with what we do best, cases, and leave the experts like SGP to the screen protector business. I personally think SGP makes the highest quality screen protectors on the market, but still for their products on Amazon there are some pretty terrible reviews.
    this again.. haha

I'd really appreciate it if someone could get a pic of the bottom up with their USB cable cable plugged in. <3

This is the chunkiest connector I have.
    uploadfromtaptalk1355029315427.jpguploadfromtaptalk1355029353834.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    good review. I just received mine yesterday, and was extremely surprised on the quality of it for being 13 bucks.

I HATE using cases on my phone due to being a minimalist and enjoying the slim design, but this one just fits perfectly! I enjoy the added gloss coating around the lip that goes on the screen..it creates a nice blending effect with the screen.

I've read a few people mention that the power/volume buttons are a little stiff to press, but honestly, they must be weak af, or they got a defective case. The buttons are extremely responsive with the least amount of pressure.
    I don't have any enormous USB chargers. Sorry bro.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I checked the video and you showed all the sides except the bottom where the usb port is. If you post a pic of it, he might be able to judge whether case opening is large enough or not.

Good review though. Still waiting for my n4, but I'm ordering this case so the phone won't be naked after it is unboxed.