XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Body Glove Nova case review

Tip us?

angryGTS
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Body Glove Nova case review

I searched and didn't see a review for this case. I picked it up yesterday at T-Mobile I had a Ringke Slim prior to this case, I liked the Ringke Slim but I am so paranoid about dropping my phone and not having enough protection, primarily the top and bottom and the corners of the phone.

The Body Glove offers full protection for the Nexus 4. The case is a hybrid hard/soft case. The inside of the case is a "durable gel material" which extends out to the outer edges of the case so that if the phone drops face down it won't land on the glass. There is also gel material on the outside of the case covering the power and volume buttons as well as the back of the case for some slightly added grip and so when the case is placed down the hard plastic won't be touching whatever its laying on.

The case feels rather good in the hand as it does not add any significant weight or thickness to the phone which is awesome. Body Glove did a great job on keeping the ergonomics of the phone while the case is on. My only real complaint is Body Glove could have added more grip to the case. The little groves they added to the back of the case helps some but I think it would help with grip more if the groves were vertical and not horizontal.

Will add more pics of the case on the phone as well as comparison pics of the Ringke Slim.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361731317339.jpg
Views:	3524
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	1757499   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361731329628.jpg
Views:	3883
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1757501   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1361731341198.jpg
Views:	4158
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	1757502  
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to angryGTS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GeoMil
Old
Thanks Meter 7
My review is that it looks hideous.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeoMil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

angryGTS
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Great review!!! It really don't look bad in person but I dont think any case really looks great anyway, to each their own I guess.

GroundControl2MT
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also own this case and I have to say it's amazing, I feel like my phone is very protected and looks great. I was looking on amazon for weeks for a good case but I felt everything else was really cheep, the nova is a great looking high quality case and I wouldn't get anything else!

tmdo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
it looks stromtrooper-ish

kcbboy
Old
Thanks Meter 407
they have an all black version if this particular one doesn't suit your taste. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BODY-GLO...item23284cada3

prudhivisekhar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sad tht in India, we have less choice to get accessories , as I have got the phone through relative living in India.

selfinflicted1
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Default Re: Body Glove Nova case review

I picked up the same case and I love it. Buttons feel good. Full all around protection. Color choice was pink or white and that's the only draw back imo

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
Device- Nexus 4
Rom- CM 10.1
Case- Body Glove
"Sweet Peter"

Back up- HTC Vision
Rom- Elite Mod
"Papa snuff"

unciviilized
Old
Thanks Meter 89
This case looks so nice , im debating on getting the black one or the white. Op could you post more pics of the case on your phone please?
Would like to see pictures of the black case if someone has gotten it yet.
hit my thanks button if i helped you!!

znc62511
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Default Re: Body Glove Nova case review

I just ordered the black one from daydeal. Com 22.99 free shipping. I'll post pics once I get it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

The Following User Says Thank You to znc62511 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]