Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,242 Members 50,808 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mercury Slim Fit TPU / Best Nexus 4 Case

Tip us?
 
Fataldesain
Old
#1  
Fataldesain's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 349
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default Mercury Slim Fit TPU / Best Nexus 4 Case

First let me say I think this is the best overall case for the nexus 4 hands down and I ordered pretty much every other case off amazon. We would all love to use the nexus naked or with a bumper but we also know how fragile this phone is you probably break it or fear breaking it the whole time.

I say this case is the best for these reasons design, cost, and protection. First design, the main thing that stands out about this case it has hard edges when on case feels slick and firm. The whole case has a sparkle effect pretty cool. I absolutely love the white but the black is very nice also my gf loves it. The only flaw in design is probably the power and volume buttons are cut out and case does have a little thickness so can be hard to push buttons sometimes. This case does add to size but keeps nexus 4 shape exactly.

Cost was 5.21 plus 2 dollar shipping so that for me already puts it as number 1 since all others cost more. To me if you had to pick one case this would be it.

Protection to me cannot get any better than this. I don't know how but the case in your hand feels soft and bends like every other case but when on feels solid. Hard to put into words but I trust this case.

Now the only other cases that came close where the distronic (which is a little slimmer and buttons are not cut out. Also back is matte). I blazon was good to very similar to distronic minus the matte back. The mercury is just a tad thicker than these but you really don't feel it.

The other cases like the rearth to me is just a cheap piece of plastic not worth 10 bucks. There is a distronic hard shell that was pretty nice its like the rearth but done right. This would be my second choice if you really want ultra slim. Does not protect whole phone but good enough.

Here are some pics I took today this case is awesome. Comes in a ton of colors.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359260529892.jpg
Views:	9643
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1679888   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359260548502.jpg
Views:	8571
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1679890   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359260584918.jpg
Views:	8416
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	1679892   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1359260608746.jpg
Views:	9112
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	1679893  
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Fataldesain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
309041291a
Old
#2  
309041291a's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 341
Posts: 2,348
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default Re: Mercury Slim Fit TPU / Best Nexus 4 Case

Kind of wished I bought a black one. The case is excellent.

Sent from my Trinity powered Nexus 4
Message transmitted from the void,
The Following User Says Thank You to 309041291a For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
clockcycle
Old
#3  
clockcycle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 389
Posts: 2,026
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Sweet the mercury pearl case is my all time fave on each phone I've owned that they make one for. I'm in for one. Does it push up on the screen protector and make it bubble?
Disclaimer: The information contained herein is made for educational purposes only. If you decide to access linked third-party web sites or make use of said information, you do so at your own risk. The information may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, correct, timely, current or up-to-date.

The Following User Says Thank You to clockcycle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
LINXC88
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 4
Join Date: Dec 2010
Question, is the case a solid colour? or does it have sparkles/glitter like previous mercury tpu cases?
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldesain View Post
First let me say I think this is the best overall case for the nexus 4 hands down and I ordered pretty much every other case off amazon. We would all love to use the nexus naked or with a bumper but we also know how fragile this phone is you probably break it or fear breaking it the whole time.

I say this case is the best for these reasons design, cost, and protection. First design, the main thing that stands out about this case it has hard edges when on case feels slick and firm. The whole case has a sparkle effect pretty cool. I absolutely love the white but the black is very nice also my gf loves it. The only flaw in design is probably the power and volume buttons are cut out and case does have a little thickness so can be hard to push buttons sometimes. This case does add to size but keeps nexus 4 shape exactly.

Cost was 5.21 plus 2 dollar shipping so that for me already puts it as number 1 since all others cost more. To me if you had to pick one case this would be it.

Protection to me cannot get any better than this. I don't know how but the case in your hand feels soft and bends like every other case but when on feels solid. Hard to put into words but I trust this case.

Now the only other cases that came close where the distronic (which is a little slimmer and buttons are not cut out. Also back is matte). I blazon was good to very similar to distronic minus the matte back. The mercury is just a tad thicker than these but you really don't feel it.

The other cases like the rearth to me is just a cheap piece of plastic not worth 10 bucks. There is a distronic hard shell that was pretty nice its like the rearth but done right. This would be my second choice if you really want ultra slim. Does not protect whole phone but good enough.

Here are some pics I took today this case is awesome. Comes in a ton of colors.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to LINXC88 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
clockcycle
Old
(Last edited by clockcycle; 30th January 2013 at 02:43 AM.)
#5  
clockcycle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 389
Posts: 2,026
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINXC88 View Post
Question, is the case a solid colour? or does it have sparkles/glitter like previous mercury tpu cases?
thanks
I zoomed the black one, it's got sparkles.

Hey none in ebay, it's usually where I get them from. Directly from korean vendors.. Where are these amazon I assume?
Disclaimer: The information contained herein is made for educational purposes only. If you decide to access linked third-party web sites or make use of said information, you do so at your own risk. The information may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, correct, timely, current or up-to-date.

The Following User Says Thank You to clockcycle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
seojuhwan
Old
(Last edited by seojuhwan; 30th January 2013 at 05:18 AM.)
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 134
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oregon
How thick is the case? Is the black case super shiny?
 
Fataldesain
Old
#7  
Fataldesain's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 349
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default Re: Mercury Slim Fit TPU / Best Nexus 4 Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by seojuhwan View Post
How thick is the case? Is the black case super shiny?
This one is not to thick but thicker than others on amazon just bit. But also this is the only one that keeps nexus 4 shape so it feels good in hand. Black is shiny not super though I suggest white as it has a gloss on it and does not get dirty. I'm two weeks on white still looks brand new and its been all over.

I'm not gonna lie I don't like the black but my gf does which good because I would not give her the white. All of them have a sparkle effect black shows it more.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Fataldesain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Fataldesain
Old
#8  
Fataldesain's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 349
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default Re: Mercury Slim Fit TPU / Best Nexus 4 Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockcycle View Post
Sweet the mercury pearl case is my all time fave on each phone I've owned that they make one for. I'm in for one. Does it push up on the screen protector and make it bubble?
Depends which one you have I have the Xtremeguard the one you have to use water to apply. If center it you should be fine. But this case goes over the edges well so I would not worry about it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
 
aa_chow
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 34
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Thanks OP! Was waiting for this case to appear. I had these for my Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus; by far my favorite case.

Yeah, waiting for eBay sellers to sell them. Shipping to Canada is $9+....
 
clockcycle
Old
(Last edited by clockcycle; 30th January 2013 at 05:41 PM.)
#10  
clockcycle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 389
Posts: 2,026
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_chow View Post
Thanks OP! Was waiting for this case to appear. I had these for my Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus; by far my favorite case.

Yeah, waiting for eBay sellers to sell them. Shipping to Canada is $9+....
Only down side with most ebay vendors, is the 14-21 day delivery from korea.
Disclaimer: The information contained herein is made for educational purposes only. If you decide to access linked third-party web sites or make use of said information, you do so at your own risk. The information may be changed without notice and is not guaranteed to be complete, correct, timely, current or up-to-date.


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes