No registration required

Mercury Slim Fit TPU / Best Nexus 4 Case

OP Fataldesain

1st February 2013, 05:07 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

27 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldesain

Depends which one you have I have the Xtremeguard the one you have to use water to apply. If center it you should be fine. But this case goes over the edges well so I would not worry about it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yea, I was afraid they all would have sparkles. This case seems to be made for girls. Does the white show that much sparkle?
1st February 2013, 05:16 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 27

251 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_chow

Thanks OP! Was waiting for this case to appear. I had these for my Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus; by far my favorite case.

Yeah, waiting for eBay sellers to sell them. Shipping to Canada is $9+....

There was some discrepancy between the shipping price on amazon vs the price stated on the Mercury storefront shipping information page. I emailed them about that and they quoted shipping for me in Ottawa at $7.35. They said they would refund me the $2.13 difference in shipping after the fact. I know it's not too much, but it's good to know they're an honest customer-oriented company.
1st February 2013, 06:49 AM   |  #13  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 391

2,052 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMinh

Yea, I was afraid they all would have sparkles. This case seems to be made for girls. Does the white show that much sparkle?

Is had these my macho man phones. Its more like "pearl" then sparkles or glittery.. No one but you knows or can really see it.
Last edited by clockcycle; 1st February 2013 at 06:27 PM.
1st February 2013, 07:22 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 8

42 posts
I'm really digging the white... The LGnex already has plenty of sparkle but oh well i guess
2nd February 2013, 05:33 AM   |  #15  

14 posts
Would anyone with this case mind taking a picture of the micro-usb port area with the case on?

I have a bunch of 6 ft micro usb cables that I like to use because of the length. However, these cables have a lot of excess plastic around the connector so I'm just wondering if they'll be compatible or not.
3rd February 2013, 07:56 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 12

99 posts
Available in the UK 6.89

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mercury-Flex...17461&sr=8-148

How does the Mercury compare to the S-Line?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3605309791...84.m1423.l2649
4th February 2013, 04:57 PM   |  #17  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 9

193 posts
More
If I'm the kind of guy who drops his phone like, once a week, should I guess this. Trying to searh for the best option since I just ordered a nexus 4.

I currently have a samsung S2X with a Trident Aegis case that I really liek for protection and such.

Also, still not sure if I will put a screen protector. Is the Nexus 4 screen tough anough not to? Not a fan of the "rubery" feeling they give but its better than a scratched screen.
7th February 2013, 03:58 PM   |  #18  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 391

2,052 posts
More
Re: Mercury Slim Fit TPU / Best Nexus 4 Case
Got mine. Here's my opinion. It makes the n4 more fatty. I'm not a fan of the strange edges, preferred the smoother more rounded edges on my s3 and iphone4 versions. It's very front lippy, it pushes my skinomi skin and causes it to wrinkle/ bubble/ peel.
Good protection. Excellent quality and material. Cut out perfect. Nice hold/ grip. Great colors.

Took it off and put my nillkin back on.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to clockcycle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2013, 11:39 PM   |  #19  

11 posts
Did I receive the same case? The Mercury tpu case I got for my Nexus4 looks nice, does add a little bit more bulk than the Diztronic, but one giant problem. It is slippery as hell. The gloss on it is not a sticky gloss, but more of a smooth slippy gloss. It won't stick to any surfaces, and IMO actually makes the phone a little more slippery to hold than when it's bare, since the entire case is made of this stuff. The only time it will be grippy is if your hands are slightly moist or hot enough to leave a steamy fingerprint lol. Not only that, the cutouts make the buttons very hard to press (due to the thickness of the case and shallow-ness of the buttons). The power button is actually kind of ok if you use your fingertip, but it's very hard to press the volume button.
Last edited by walrusaur; 7th February 2013 at 11:45 PM.
8th February 2013, 02:46 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 103

359 posts
Diztronic tpu owns that crap, u mad bro

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myorks1127 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread