N4 LG charger and USB cable

OP dinosaur1

10th February 2013, 02:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

108 posts
I need an extra USB cable for charging my N4 in my car because I use a Scosche dual USB charger 2.1 amp. Will any USB cable be fine like the one in the link below or should I be looking for anything specific? I don't want something to mess up my N4 battery.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AHE...505932&sr=8-19

Is there anywhere that sells the original LG travel charger?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
10th February 2013, 07:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Re: N4 LG charger and USB cable
I was wondering the same thing. I'd like to get a couple extra USB wall chargers and micro USB cables to go with them. I'd like it to be as efficient and safe as possible for my Nexus 4 as well as friends that may need a charger. (N4 taking priority here)

11th February 2013, 05:07 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

50 posts
Well as long as the power supplied is 5V (the usb standard) and under 1.2 amp (the output of the factory wall adaptor) you should be safe not burning out your phone. If you are just asking about a usb to micro usb cable then it shouldn't matter since the cable should supply the right voltage anyways.

Last edited by Panzer500; 11th February 2013 at 05:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Panzer500 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2013, 08:12 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 34

239 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer500

Well as long as the power supplied is 5V (the usb standard) and under 1.2 amp (the output of the factory wall adaptor) you should be safe not burning out your phone. If you are just asking about a usb to micro usb cable then it shouldn't matter since the cable should supply the right voltage anyways.

The phone will only take the amps that it needs. I would get a 2A+ charger to be on the safe side.
The Following User Says Thank You to theabsurdman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2013, 08:19 AM   |  #5  
Somewhere in between
Thanks Meter: 446

1,407 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur1

I need an extra USB cable for charging my N4 in my car because I use a Scosche dual USB charger 2.1 amp. Will any USB cable be fine like the one in the link below or should I be looking for anything specific? I don't want something to mess up my N4 battery.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AHE...505932&sr=8-19

Is there anywhere that sells the original LG travel charger?

Call me crazy/oc/weird but I bought this: http://www.buychina.com/items/lg-f10...er-qrwrvpsqjhm

I'm perfectly aware I can use other chargers and cables but I like to have an oem extra if I need it. 10usd and 2 weeks wait isn't so bad

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to thephantom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th February 2013, 09:29 AM   |  #6  
Flag San Bernardino, California
Thanks Meter: 165

1,085 posts
More
I use this with my nexus 4

http://www.amazon.com/PowerGen-Dual-...l+port+charger

Actually used it for my Nexus 7 and when I got my Nexus 4 I always used it for that. Never even bothered opening up my stock charger or cable. Dual port is nice if you want to charge 2 devices at 1 amp each without having a bunch of chargers plugged in.
11th February 2013, 11:53 AM   |  #7  
Flag Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 514

2,641 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephantom

Call me crazy/oc/weird but I bought this: http://www.buychina.com/items/lg-f10...er-qrwrvpsqjhm

I'm perfectly aware I can use other chargers and cables but I like to have an oem extra if I need it. 10usd and 2 weeks wait isn't so bad

Woah! Thanks man! I've been looking everywhere for this! Haha

I love the OEM USB Cable, especially cause it fits with all of my cases.
11th February 2013, 03:53 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 59

474 posts
I would love to get the OEM charger, but after my current one acting up (usb wire for some reason keeps making it say usb charging despite being plugged into wall outlet), I'm cautious.
11th February 2013, 04:15 PM   |  #9  
Somewhere in between
Thanks Meter: 446

1,407 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by facetubespam

I would love to get the OEM charger, but after my current one acting up (usb wire for some reason keeps making it say usb charging despite being plugged into wall outlet), I'm cautious.

This is one of the reasons I bought the oem charger. Had the ac/usb issue. Changed wires and still does that. Used my gnex charger and it didn't give me problems. So I said it must be the charger itself. Bought the new one and now I'm confident when plugging my phone in. No more issues on the ac/usb charging thing

11th February 2013, 04:39 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 59

474 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephantom

This is one of the reasons I bought the oem charger. Had the ac/usb issue. Changed wires and still does that. Used my gnex charger and it didn't give me problems. So I said it must be the charger itself. Bought the new one and now I'm confident when plugging my phone in. No more issues on the ac/usb charging thing

Hmm... for me, I changed the wires and it works. I think I would rather just save the $10 and put it towards the "wheneveritisreleased" Wireless Charging Orb.....or the TYLT VU when it comes out in April.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread