XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

N4 LG charger and USB cable

Tip us?

dinosaur1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default N4 LG charger and USB cable

I need an extra USB cable for charging my N4 in my car because I use a Scosche dual USB charger 2.1 amp. Will any USB cable be fine like the one in the link below or should I be looking for anything specific? I don't want something to mess up my N4 battery.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AHE...505932&sr=8-19

Is there anywhere that sells the original LG travel charger?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

wetdirtmud
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: N4 LG charger and USB cable

I was wondering the same thing. I'd like to get a couple extra USB wall chargers and micro USB cables to go with them. I'd like it to be as efficient and safe as possible for my Nexus 4 as well as friends that may need a charger. (N4 taking priority here)

Panzer500
Old
(Last edited by Panzer500; 11th February 2013 at 05:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7

Well as long as the power supplied is 5V (the usb standard) and under 1.2 amp (the output of the factory wall adaptor) you should be safe not burning out your phone. If you are just asking about a usb to micro usb cable then it shouldn't matter since the cable should supply the right voltage anyways.

The Following User Says Thank You to Panzer500 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theabsurdman
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer500 View Post
Well as long as the power supplied is 5V (the usb standard) and under 1.2 amp (the output of the factory wall adaptor) you should be safe not burning out your phone. If you are just asking about a usb to micro usb cable then it shouldn't matter since the cable should supply the right voltage anyways.

The phone will only take the amps that it needs. I would get a 2A+ charger to be on the safe side.
The Following User Says Thank You to theabsurdman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thephantom
Old
Thanks Meter 446

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur1 View Post
I need an extra USB cable for charging my N4 in my car because I use a Scosche dual USB charger 2.1 amp. Will any USB cable be fine like the one in the link below or should I be looking for anything specific? I don't want something to mess up my N4 battery.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AHE...505932&sr=8-19

Is there anywhere that sells the original LG travel charger?

Call me crazy/oc/weird but I bought this: http://www.buychina.com/items/lg-f10...er-qrwrvpsqjhm

I'm perfectly aware I can use other chargers and cables but I like to have an oem extra if I need it. 10usd and 2 weeks wait isn't so bad

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
LG Nexus 5
Nokia Lumia 1520
Asus Google Nexus 7 4.4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency. and less threads on xda.
The Following User Says Thank You to thephantom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nba1341
Old
Thanks Meter 164
I use this with my nexus 4

http://www.amazon.com/PowerGen-Dual-...l+port+charger

Actually used it for my Nexus 7 and when I got my Nexus 4 I always used it for that. Never even bothered opening up my stock charger or cable. Dual port is nice if you want to charge 2 devices at 1 amp each without having a bunch of chargers plugged in.
Nexus 7 (2013) 16GB: 4.3 rooted
T-Mobile Galaxy S4 16GB: CM 10.2
T-Mobile Note 3 32GB: Stock rooted

FatalityBoyZahy
Old
Thanks Meter 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
Call me crazy/oc/weird but I bought this: http://www.buychina.com/items/lg-f10...er-qrwrvpsqjhm

I'm perfectly aware I can use other chargers and cables but I like to have an oem extra if I need it. 10usd and 2 weeks wait isn't so bad

Woah! Thanks man! I've been looking everywhere for this! Haha

I love the OEM USB Cable, especially cause it fits with all of my cases.
Current Devices
OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black - CM11S 4.4.2 ROOTED
Google Nexus 5 32GB - 4.4.4 STOCK ROOTED
Lenovo Y510P - Core i7 4700MQ - 16GB RAM - nVidia 750M SLI - 1TB HDD

Previous Devices
Google Nexus 4 - 16GB
T-Mobile LG G2x
Samsung Galaxy S4G
T-Mobile MyTouch 3G
Amazon Kindle Fire 2
Late 2009 White Unibody MacBook

Be sure to hit the Thanks button if I have helped you in any way!

facetubespam
Old
Thanks Meter 59
I would love to get the OEM charger, but after my current one acting up (usb wire for some reason keeps making it say usb charging despite being plugged into wall outlet), I'm cautious.

thephantom
Old
Thanks Meter 446

Quote:
Originally Posted by facetubespam View Post
I would love to get the OEM charger, but after my current one acting up (usb wire for some reason keeps making it say usb charging despite being plugged into wall outlet), I'm cautious.
This is one of the reasons I bought the oem charger. Had the ac/usb issue. Changed wires and still does that. Used my gnex charger and it didn't give me problems. So I said it must be the charger itself. Bought the new one and now I'm confident when plugging my phone in. No more issues on the ac/usb charging thing

LG Nexus 5
Nokia Lumia 1520
Asus Google Nexus 7 4.4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency. and less threads on xda.

facetubespam
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
This is one of the reasons I bought the oem charger. Had the ac/usb issue. Changed wires and still does that. Used my gnex charger and it didn't give me problems. So I said it must be the charger itself. Bought the new one and now I'm confident when plugging my phone in. No more issues on the ac/usb charging thing

Hmm... for me, I changed the wires and it works. I think I would rather just save the $10 and put it towards the "wheneveritisreleased" Wireless Charging Orb.....or the TYLT VU when it comes out in April.