Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder

OP lalahai

5th February 2013, 05:42 PM   |  #741  
Dimatchka's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 117
 
739 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Re: Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnk204

I ordered from him service was fast and great! Here are some pics of the case if its not legit this man or whoever he got them from spent alot of time and money into making them perfect packaging and all lol

So you are telling me the metal replica is better then the plastic LG case?
5th February 2013, 05:44 PM   |  #742  
elzafir's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta, Republic of Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 197
 
761 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Re: Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder
Just wondering, for people in the US, how much is the original bumper total cost bought from the Play Store, including tax and shipping?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimatchka

So you are telling me the metal replica is better then the plastic LG case?

METAL replica?
Any body has a link?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
5th February 2013, 05:48 PM   |  #743  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Shipping from the US play store is $5.99 for the bumper, whether you buy 1 or 5. I bought 5 and the total was $113.36, so it came out to $22.67 each through the play store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elzafir

Just wondering, for people in the US, how much is the original bumper total cost bought from the Play Store, including tax and shipping?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------



METAL replica?
Any body has a link?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to vertizontal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th February 2013, 06:39 PM   |  #744  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
I received the Play Store bumper on monday and today I got the notification that the DX Box Bumper has arrived at my post office. So I will get it tomorrow and can compare them both.
Would be funny if this is a replica that is better than the original one
5th February 2013, 07:54 PM   |  #745  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2013

I bought a bumper from a guy off eBay who claimed to have bought 5 of them from the Play store in the UK.

However, inside, the warranty card is for Australia/NZ! Has he sold me a fake?

Can anyone else who bought their's from the Play store in the UK, check the warranty card and see what it says please.

Even the bumpers from the US Play Store have the Australia/New Zealand warranty card in them. It's strange, but it's there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saaber For This Useful Post: [ View ]
scotty2013
5th February 2013, 09:06 PM   |  #746  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaber

Even the bumpers from the US Play Store have the Australia/New Zealand warranty card in them. It's strange, but it's there.

Thanks for mentioning that. The seller on eBay sent me a screenshot of the transaction in Google wallet which has alleviated my concerns. Thank god
6th February 2013, 12:04 AM   |  #747  
lexcyn's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Greater Sudbury
Thanks Meter: 58
 
373 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
So the DX-BOX bumpers are definitely fakes. You can almost immediately tell the one from the Play Store is much better quality. I found the DX-BOX one rather flexible where as the official one is much more rigid and tough. Also the plastic rim is much better constructed, and as someone said before, the inside is grey and not white.

That being said the DX-BOX one is perfectly fine for everyday use and it's an amazing replica, just it's too expensive for a fake.

If anyone wants some comparison pics let me know and I can post some up.
scotty2013
6th February 2013, 12:16 AM   |  #748  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexcyn

So the DX-BOX bumpers are definitely fakes. You can almost immediately tell the one from the Play Store is much better quality. I found the DX-BOX one rather flexible where as the official one is much more rigid and tough. Also the plastic rim is much better constructed, and as someone said before, the inside is grey and not white.

That being said the DX-BOX one is perfectly fine for everyday use and it's an amazing replica, just it's too expensive for a fake.

If anyone wants some comparison pics let me know and I can post some up.

I would like to see some comparison pics please.
6th February 2013, 01:54 AM   |  #749  
kcguy76's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
15 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Still waiting on the Shenit bumper to arrive.

I ended up needing the extra space, so purchased a 16GB. If you or anyone you know needs or wants a pristine 8GB, shoot me a PM
6th February 2013, 08:36 AM   |  #750  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
12 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenishtea

Anyone else's bumper from the google play store have these lines on the top and bottom?

by lines, i mean the lines on the silver part as seen in


Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes