Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 53,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder

Tip us?

Dimatchka
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Default Re: Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnk204 View Post
I ordered from him service was fast and great! Here are some pics of the case if its not legit this man or whoever he got them from spent alot of time and money into making them perfect packaging and all lol
So you are telling me the metal replica is better then the plastic LG case?

elzafir
Old
Thanks Meter 196

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder

Just wondering, for people in the US, how much is the original bumper total cost bought from the Play Store, including tax and shipping?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimatchka View Post
So you are telling me the metal replica is better then the plastic LG case?
METAL replica?
Any body has a link?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vertizontal
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Shipping from the US play store is $5.99 for the bumper, whether you buy 1 or 5. I bought 5 and the total was $113.36, so it came out to $22.67 each through the play store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elzafir View Post
Just wondering, for people in the US, how much is the original bumper total cost bought from the Play Store, including tax and shipping?

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

METAL replica?
Any body has a link?

The Following User Says Thank You to vertizontal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Qin-Root
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I received the Play Store bumper on monday and today I got the notification that the DX Box Bumper has arrived at my post office. So I will get it tomorrow and can compare them both.
Would be funny if this is a replica that is better than the original one

Saaber
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2013 View Post
I bought a bumper from a guy off eBay who claimed to have bought 5 of them from the Play store in the UK.

However, inside, the warranty card is for Australia/NZ! Has he sold me a fake?

Can anyone else who bought their's from the Play store in the UK, check the warranty card and see what it says please.
Even the bumpers from the US Play Store have the Australia/New Zealand warranty card in them. It's strange, but it's there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Saaber For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
scotty2013 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaber View Post
Even the bumpers from the US Play Store have the Australia/New Zealand warranty card in them. It's strange, but it's there.
Thanks for mentioning that. The seller on eBay sent me a screenshot of the transaction in Google wallet which has alleviated my concerns. Thank god

lexcyn
Old
Thanks Meter 57
So the DX-BOX bumpers are definitely fakes. You can almost immediately tell the one from the Play Store is much better quality. I found the DX-BOX one rather flexible where as the official one is much more rigid and tough. Also the plastic rim is much better constructed, and as someone said before, the inside is grey and not white.

That being said the DX-BOX one is perfectly fine for everyday use and it's an amazing replica, just it's too expensive for a fake.

If anyone wants some comparison pics let me know and I can post some up.
scotty2013 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexcyn View Post
So the DX-BOX bumpers are definitely fakes. You can almost immediately tell the one from the Play Store is much better quality. I found the DX-BOX one rather flexible where as the official one is much more rigid and tough. Also the plastic rim is much better constructed, and as someone said before, the inside is grey and not white.

That being said the DX-BOX one is perfectly fine for everyday use and it's an amazing replica, just it's too expensive for a fake.

If anyone wants some comparison pics let me know and I can post some up.
I would like to see some comparison pics please.

kcguy76
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Still waiting on the Shenit bumper to arrive.

I ended up needing the extra space, so purchased a 16GB. If you or anyone you know needs or wants a pristine 8GB, shoot me a PM

greenishtea
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenishtea View Post
Anyone else's bumper from the google play store have these lines on the top and bottom?

by lines, i mean the lines on the silver part as seen in