Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 38,130 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder

Tip us?

zhuozhi211
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJeffBrown View Post
White LG replica Bumper

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
That's nice!
Already got the black one... hard... to... refrain... from clicking that Buy button again... damn!

Does the white part looks like it will be stained or turn brown easily?

vodred
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is there any store link with a low priced white bundper?

DowntownJeffBrown
Old
Thanks Meter 3367
Default Re: Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder

@ zhuozhi211

Sorry your post wont let me quote it for some reason.

Its the same exact material that the original is made out of. I mean they feel exactly the same and they look dead on too. I was comparing my original black one to my replica black one and I could easily get them mixed up. As far as getting dirty its a white case so it may get dirty but it doesn't have that soft feeling to it so I think it will be more stain resistant than a regular white cheap case. Anyways pm me if interested I still have 1 white bumper left

hen_dawg
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi, has anyone found alternative bumpers to the slightly dodgy dx-box one?

gavin-phelan
Old
Thanks Meter 398

Quote:
Originally Posted by hen_dawg View Post
Hi, has anyone found alternative bumpers to the slightly dodgy dx-box one?
Genx ones on mobilefun.co.uk there perfect in my eyes bette

Sent from my Nexus 4
DEVICES:galaxy s2, xperia play, htc sensation, htc desire, hyc desire hd,galaxy s3,galaxy nexus, lg nexus 4,asus tf101,padfone 2,nexus 7 tab. Galaxy tab
The Following User Says Thank You to gavin-phelan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

elzafir
Old
(Last edited by elzafir; 13th February 2013 at 05:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 196

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngy View Post
I'm not talking about pictures or look. I'm talking about touch and feel. My TPU seems rather hard and plasticy, compared to my old TPU cases, which have a softer, rubbery feel, and no i'm not talking about silicone.
I second you question.
If you look at this video right here, the black rubber part is definitely looks like either TPU or silicon. Very flexible.

My replica is more of a hard plastic.

Everybody who has replicas from various sources, how is your bumper? Is your black rubber part hard or soft?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DowntownJeffBrown
Old
Thanks Meter 3367

Quote:
Originally Posted by elzafir View Post
I second you question.
If you look at this video right here, the black rubber part is definitely looks like either TPU or silicon. Very flexible.

My replica is more of a hard plastic.

Everybody who has replicas from various sources, how is your bumper? Is your black rubber part hard or soft?
Mine feel exactly like the original IMHO. I wouldn't be able to tell its a replica by the feel of it or by just looking at it. The original doesn't feel like normal soft tpu either.

elzafir
Old
Thanks Meter 196

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Mine feel exactly like the original IMHO. I wouldn't be able to tell its a replica by the feel of it or by just looking at it. The original doesn't feel like normal soft tpu either.

That what's i thought too, but then i saw that video. If mine were to be flexed like in the video, it would surely snapped. Do you know why the video has the bumper so flexible like a TPU/silicon?

Sent from my Nexus 4 pimped with AOKP and Franco.kernel
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DowntownJeffBrown
Old
Thanks Meter 3367

Quote:
Originally Posted by elzafir View Post
That what's i thought too, but then i saw that video. If mine were to be flexed like in the video, it would surely snapped. Do you know why the video has the bumper so flexible like a TPU/silicon?

No I'm not sure it's kinda strange actually. The replicas I got honest to God have the same exact amount of flex as the originals when I hold them and squeeze from the sides.

elzafir
Old
Thanks Meter 196

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
No I'm not sure it's kinda strange actually. The replicas I got honest to God have the same exact amount of flex as the originals when I hold them and squeeze from the sides.

I guess I'd have to compare to the original side by side to be sure. I'd probably buy the original once it's released in Indonesia, which would not be for some time, I'm sure.

If someone who has an original and a taobao replica could make a video review, it would be super!

Eh, but might as well enjoy my good looking replica bumper for the time being than continue to worry about authenticity. Cheers bro!