FORUMS

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder

96 posts
Thanks Meter: 11
 
By lalahai, Member on 19th December 2012, 10:09 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th February 2013, 03:51 AM |#811  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJeffBrown

White LG replica Bumper



Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

That's nice!
Already got the black one... hard... to... refrain... from clicking that Buy button again... damn!

Does the white part looks like it will be stained or turn brown easily?
 
 
13th February 2013, 05:15 AM |#812  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Is there any store link with a low priced white bundper?
13th February 2013, 07:35 AM |#813  
DowntownJeffBrown's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
Thanks Meter: 3,372
 
More
Re: Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder
@ zhuozhi211

Sorry your post wont let me quote it for some reason.

Its the same exact material that the original is made out of. I mean they feel exactly the same and they look dead on too. I was comparing my original black one to my replica black one and I could easily get them mixed up. As far as getting dirty its a white case so it may get dirty but it doesn't have that soft feeling to it so I think it will be more stain resistant than a regular white cheap case. Anyways pm me if interested I still have 1 white bumper left

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
13th February 2013, 09:31 AM |#814  
Junior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Hi, has anyone found alternative bumpers to the slightly dodgy dx-box one?
13th February 2013, 09:40 AM |#815  
gavin-phelan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kilkenny
Thanks Meter: 497
 
More
Re: Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by hen_dawg

Hi, has anyone found alternative bumpers to the slightly dodgy dx-box one?

Genx ones on mobilefun.co.uk there perfect in my eyes bette

Sent from my Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to gavin-phelan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 05:32 PM |#816  
elzafir's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta, Republic of Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 198
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngy

I'm not talking about pictures or look. I'm talking about touch and feel. My TPU seems rather hard and plasticy, compared to my old TPU cases, which have a softer, rubbery feel, and no i'm not talking about silicone.

I second you question.
If you look at this video right here, the black rubber part is definitely looks like either TPU or silicon. Very flexible.



My replica is more of a hard plastic.

Everybody who has replicas from various sources, how is your bumper? Is your black rubber part hard or soft?
Last edited by elzafir; 13th February 2013 at 05:38 PM.
13th February 2013, 06:17 PM |#817  
DowntownJeffBrown's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
Thanks Meter: 3,372
 
More
Re: Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by elzafir

I second you question.
If you look at this video right here, the black rubber part is definitely looks like either TPU or silicon. Very flexible.



My replica is more of a hard plastic.

Everybody who has replicas from various sources, how is your bumper? Is your black rubber part hard or soft?

Mine feel exactly like the original IMHO. I wouldn't be able to tell its a replica by the feel of it or by just looking at it. The original doesn't feel like normal soft tpu either.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
13th February 2013, 06:28 PM |#818  
elzafir's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta, Republic of Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 198
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJeffBrown

Mine feel exactly like the original IMHO. I wouldn't be able to tell its a replica by the feel of it or by just looking at it. The original doesn't feel like normal soft tpu either.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

That what's i thought too, but then i saw that video. If mine were to be flexed like in the video, it would surely snapped. Do you know why the video has the bumper so flexible like a TPU/silicon?

Sent from my Nexus 4 pimped with AOKP and Franco.kernel
13th February 2013, 07:34 PM |#819  
DowntownJeffBrown's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
Thanks Meter: 3,372
 
More
Re: Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by elzafir

That what's i thought too, but then i saw that video. If mine were to be flexed like in the video, it would surely snapped. Do you know why the video has the bumper so flexible like a TPU/silicon?

Sent from my Nexus 4 pimped with AOKP and Franco.kernel

No I'm not sure it's kinda strange actually. The replicas I got honest to God have the same exact amount of flex as the originals when I hold them and squeeze from the sides.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
13th February 2013, 07:48 PM |#820  
elzafir's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta, Republic of Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 198
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJeffBrown

No I'm not sure it's kinda strange actually. The replicas I got honest to God have the same exact amount of flex as the originals when I hold them and squeeze from the sides.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I guess I'd have to compare to the original side by side to be sure. I'd probably buy the original once it's released in Indonesia, which would not be for some time, I'm sure.

If someone who has an original and a taobao replica could make a video review, it would be super!

Eh, but might as well enjoy my good looking replica bumper for the time being than continue to worry about authenticity. Cheers bro!

Sent from my Nexus 4 pimped with AOKP and Franco.kernel
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes