Nexus 4 Bumper Replica Preorder

Search This thread

lalahai

Aug 14, 2010
alibaba is the parent company of taobao.

now i am truly happy that i am in the same province as the seller. With shipping it comes out to be 80 RMB, which is like usd~15. way too expensive for a bumper (in Chinese currency).

ordering one now and will report back. i don't have the official one to compare with though.

PS the seller has pretty good rep, and he said the bumper is oem and made of aluminum. it is not the same one but is of the same quality and material.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

bro, id like to order one too if it turns out to be nice. ill pay you thru 支付宝, quote me the price of inteernational mailing. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

_guzzler_

Jul 21, 2010
SF - Bay Area
I ordered poetic bumper on dec 9 from amazon. It said back then that it will ship after 31. Now that its in stock it still says on my order details that it will ship after 31 :(

Same dealer exact deal.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Shipped today from amazon. Cant wait. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

wkeyau

Aug 20, 2007
found this on taobao.com a famous china Amazon-like online shopping website

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.10.2.VJ3Txn&id=16746026157

Note that it is in chinese, do use google translate :)
It is currently in pre-order stage as the seller has already placed order for 1000 unit of these.
The quality, material used and worksmanship is said to be 1:1 to that of the original playstore bumper. Priced at 70 RMB which is roughly 10 USD each before shipping, what do you guys think ?

Just asked my brother from Hong Kong to get me one.
Don't know how long it will take to be delivered to him. Then he'll have to send it to me in Toronto.

toiday

Oct 5, 2010
I was looking at the pics from http://dx-box.com/brand-new-sealed-...mper-oem-google-case-black-free-shipping.html. It look very much like the one from Google Play Store. The metal part shows come apart from the bumper. Is that how the original one from Google Play Store is too?

P.S. I just ordered one. Since they do accept PayPal, it's somewhat better than the other online sites from China that only accept money transfer to a Chinese bank. Even it may be fake, it looks very much like the one from Google Play because of the metal band. The one poetic bumper lacks that metal band but it's much cheaper. I don't mind to pay a little more to get something that doesn't depreciate the beauty of the Nexus 4.

Last edited:

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
I was looking at the pics from http://dx-box.com/brand-new-sealed-...mper-oem-google-case-black-free-shipping.html. It look very much like the one from Google Play Store. The metal part shows come apart from the bumper. Is that how the original one from Google Play Store is too?

The only suspicious part is that the authentic one (being sold by Google) is made in Korea. So it has no rights to be coming out of China, so it's either a FAKE or they are now producing them in China to meet demand. The website shows nothing on the back side of the box which is supposed to include a authentic holo sticker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=R7JZLLH8tGQ#t=35s

Dec 24, 2009
The only suspicious part is that the authentic one (being sold by Google) is made in Korea. So it has no rights to be coming out of China, so it's either a FAKE or they are now producing them in China to meet demand. The website shows nothing on the back side of the box which is supposed to include a authentic holo sticker.

they're currently out of stock for a minimum of the next 7 days but when i get mine i'll let you know.

toiday

Oct 5, 2010

P.S. I just ordered one. Since they do accept PayPal, it's somewhat better than the other online sites from China that only accept money transfer to a Chinese bank. Even it may be fake, it looks very much like the one from Google Play because of the metal band. The one poetic bumper lacks that metal band but it's much cheaper. I don't mind to pay a little more to get something that doesn't depreciate the beauty of the Nexus 4.

My order still showing pending. I chat with someone on the their website and he said the bumper is currently out of order and will be available in 5-7 days.

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
I have one from same company but I ordered via Amazon. The prices are constantly changing, I got mine for $5.95 just 2 days ago. Keep watching prices at their Amazon page: Poetic Borderline Bumper Case. I will report back when mine arrives later this week.

I think the $5.95 was a promotional preorder discount. They removed the black/grey one, it's only on their eBay page now and are now listing new colors available for 01/15..... the new colors are super ugly.

Subz153

Dec 25, 2012
Ordered one from dx-box.com a couple of days ago, will try and post pictures when I receive it.

They said this about the availability:
'nexus 4 bumper need to wait for the after Christmas in stock and can be shipping. ship to uk need 7-15 days'

Xanderwufu

Dec 21, 2012
It's probably fake, normally I wouldn't mind, but the price is quite high, I hope the quality is good though, might order one too

Emama

Jul 30, 2010
You can get any type of holo sticker in less than a penny in China...

smirkis

Oct 8, 2010
San Diego, CA
they are fake for sure. I contacted the supplier in China and he asked me if I want "lg Google packaging" or just a box. so they are trying to make them look real, but they for sure are not! lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    as promised, here are some comparison photos of the real deal and the qspades over seas replicas. these may be the same replicas floating all over town, but results may vary.

from the side they look almost identical. only thing i was able to tell from looking myself, was that the original bumper had buttons that seemed better mounted, the copy had the buttons sunk inside until it was put on a phone
    IMG_20130204_220022_zps618bd885.jpg

IMG_20130204_220017_zps8852a5af.jpg

from the top, you can see that the copy has a more "square" microphone hole while the original has a more "rounded" edge mic hole. original on bottom
    IMG_20130204_220038_zpsc0ff177a.jpg

on the inside, the buttons on the original are pure black while the copy has painted silver on it
    IMG_20130204_220144_zpsde58de15.jpg

the bottom was the most noticable. the original is way more refined and perfected.
    IMG_20130204_220001_zps88417bce.jpg

all in all, the replicas are great cases if you get them at a good price. i paid 20 shipped for mine which isn't bad but if you can get it for less it's worth it imo.
    White LG replica Bumper

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    More pics of my shenit bumper:
    (before I get called a noob, I will remove the rear plastic cover as soon as my dbrand skin arrives!)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
    Hi guys,

Thanks to your support, I have now sold all the Nexus 4 Replica bumpers that I ordered and have none left.

I hope that the shipping goes smoothly for everyone, and you receive them soon. :)