Nexus 4 and Docking Station

Tip us?

Virion90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Nexus 4 and Docking Station

hi,
I'm new to android phones. I wanted to connect my copy of the Nexus 4 to JBL On Stage IV, which I used with my old iPhone. Unfortunately, after using the micro-usb adapter my phone is charging but does not transmit music to speakers. I would add that I have system :Nexus 5 Experience ROM [4.4 KK] Rooted.
Can u help me ? Can i use my JBL On Stage whit my nexus 4 ?

Sincerely,
Virion90

lopezk38
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virion90 View Post
hi,
I'm new to android phones. I wanted to connect my copy of the Nexus 4 to JBL On Stage IV, which I used with my old iPhone. Unfortunately, after using the micro-usb adapter my phone is charging but does not transmit music to speakers. I would add that I have system :Nexus 5 Experience ROM [4.4 KK] Rooted.
Can u help me ? Can i use my JBL On Stage whit my nexus 4 ?

Sincerely,
Virion90
The USB port on that device probably does not support MTP, so it can't directly pull music off of the storage. It also was released around 2010ish (Based on a quick Google), before Android got the capability to send audio over USB so it does not support the Android standard. It will not be able to output over USB. You're going to have to use a 3.5mm cable to connect it to the headphone jack on the Nexus to get any audio output.
PHONES: iPhone 3GS (Retired, Jailbroken, iDroid, overclocked to 800MHz) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Shattered, CM10, Faux kernel @ 1.45 ghz overclocked) -> Google/LG Nexus 4 (Primary Phone, OmniRom, Franco Kernel +) + Motorola Atrix HD (Secondary Phone (For when the battery dies on the Nexus 4), CM11)

TABLETS: Sony Tablet S (Retired, rooted 4.0.3), Surface Pro 2 128GB (Current, W8.1)

Virion90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, thx 4 help. Now i will buy 30pin to mini-jack adapter on ebay .

Outrager
Old
Thanks Meter 39
You can try one of those Apple 30pin <-> Bluetooth adapters. That way you can charge your phone over USB and just send the audio over Bluetooth to the dock. Something like this: http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the...-dock-adapter/