5,605,187 Members 37,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 4 Google Bumper ON STOCK!

Tip us?
 
thos25
Old
#121  
thos25's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 391
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Blm-Normal IL
Default Re: Nexus 4 Google Bumper ON STOCK!

I got the bumper about a week ago. Definitely not as protective as the Seidio active but I like it better. Plus my wireless charging still works. So I swapped the Seidio off and have been using the bumper exclusively.

Like I said, it isn't as protective so I hope not to pay for it in the end but it seems sturdy enough that it should withstand some minor drops.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
 
mackster248
Old
#122  
mackster248's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 630
Posts: 2,866
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Palmdale, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Nexus 4 Google Bumper ON STOCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thos25 View Post
I got the bumper about a week ago. Definitely not as protective as the Seidio active but I like it better. Plus my wireless charging still works. So I swapped the Seidio off and have been using the bumper exclusively.

Like I said, it isn't as protective so I hope not to pay for it in the end but it seems sturdy enough that it should withstand some minor drops.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
You should be fine with the standard 3-4 foot drops. I love mine as well.

Sent from my Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
------------------------------
Current Phone:
T-Mobile LG G2 (D801)
 
pyr0sphere
Old
#123  
pyr0sphere's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 147
Posts: 549
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default Re: Nexus 4 Google Bumper ON STOCK!

Just received my bumper. Wow it is sooo slippery. I don't know how you guys can use this.

Does it become less slippery over time? I have relatively large hands (literally larger hands than every single person I know). Maybe it's the way I hold my phone?

The bumper adds too much width to comfortably grip in one hand, but too slippery to hold it my usual way with two

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
 
mackster248
Old
#124  
mackster248's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 630
Posts: 2,866
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Palmdale, CA

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Nexus 4 Google Bumper ON STOCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere View Post
Just received my bumper. Wow it is sooo slippery. I don't know how you guys can use this.

Does it become less slippery over time? I have relatively large hands (literally larger hands than every single person I know). Maybe it's the way I hold my phone?

The bumper adds too much width to comfortably grip in one hand, but too slippery to hold it my usual way with two

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, it was super slipper first day I got it. After a couple days my hands got used to it and it doesn't feel slippery to me anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 4
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
------------------------------
Current Phone:
T-Mobile LG G2 (D801)
 
pyr0sphere
Old
#125  
pyr0sphere's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 147
Posts: 549
Join Date: Aug 2011
Default Re: Nexus 4 Google Bumper ON STOCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackster248 View Post
Yeah, it was super slipper first day I got it. After a couple days my hands got used to it and it doesn't feel slippery to me anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 4
Alright cool. Thanks

Ps I've been watching ur YouTube videos since the myTouch 4G days. Glad to see a familiar face (or account name in this case)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to pyr0sphere For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Gja88
Old
#126  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 432
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default Re: Nexus 4 Google Bumper ON STOCK!

Dropped my phone with a bumper from my desk to concrete floor. Nothing happened to it thankfully. My heart dropped when it did. Not a scratch on the phone or bumper though. Can say I'm happy with this case.

Sent from my Nexus 4
 
ethan.r.besbris
Old
#127  
ethan.r.besbris's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 38
Posts: 551
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: York
My bumper broke. Google, rather than replace it, is refunding my money. Apparently their warranty does not cover replacements, only refunds.
 
zephiK
Old
#128  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3267
Posts: 10,202
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York, NY

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan.r.besbris View Post
My bumper broke. Google, rather than replace it, is refunding my money. Apparently their warranty does not cover replacements, only refunds.
How did it break
Twitter -- If you actually need to get in contact with me just tweet me rather than PMs its more efficient and I can get back to you faster.

Nexus 5 (D820): Purity | Franco Kernel
Nexus 4 (E960): Purity | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Galaxy Nexus, ASUS TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1
 
PcFish
Old
#129  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 68
Posts: 754
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan.r.besbris View Post
My bumper broke. Google, rather than replace it, is refunding my money. Apparently their warranty does not cover replacements, only refunds.
Because they don't have replacements to give.
I ordered a new one on this last batch. UPS "delivered" it and I never received it.
Instead of sending a replacement like they said they would initially they just refunded me.
 
neotekz
Old
#130  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 1,330
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcFish View Post
Because they don't have replacements to give.
i dont understand how after 4 months google is still have stock problems with these bumpers when it is easier to buy the phone. It was understandable that these were sold out in the first few months but google cant use the excuse of we underestimated demand this far from launch.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes