Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 42,143 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nillkin stand & flip cover case [youtube review]

Tip us?
 
jimmyff
Old
(Last edited by jimmyff; 12th February 2013 at 10:25 AM.) Reason: Added correct name: Nillkin Fresh
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 10
Join Date: Feb 2013
Thumbs up Nillkin stand & flip cover case [youtube review]

Hey guys,

I did a quick youtube review (my first!) of the Nillkin Fresh flip case with stand:



I purchased this cover from ebay, it arrived in a few days from Singapore. The quality is very good although the stand function isn't perfect. It offers a reasonable level of protection for the handset and overall I'm very happy with it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jimmyff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Khaiyan
Old
#2  
Khaiyan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 292
Posts: 771
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyff View Post
Hey guys,

I did a quick youtube review (my first!) of the Nillkin case with stand & flip cover:

youtube.com/watch?v=OKmFkbxSAXg

(can't embed it due to new xda account - perhaps mod can edit my post?)

I purchased this cover from ebay, it arrived in a few days from Singapore. The quality is very good although the stand function isn't perfect. It offers a reasonable level of protection for the handset and overall I'm very happy with it.
Great review, thanks. I just have one question regarding the case, does the flap remain shut and if so, how? i.e When you hold the case facing down, does the flap open?
 
jimmyff
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 10
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by esskayy View Post
Great review, thanks. I just have one question regarding the case, does the flap remain shut and if so, how? i.e When you hold the case facing down, does the flap open?
Thanks.

Unfortunately the front flap doesn't stay closed, it's similar to the samsung galaxy flip if you've seen those.

I don't find it an issue for me but I can imagine for some it could be a problem (for example: if you were going to put your phone loose in your bag).

Cheers
 
Zenzic
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 308
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Like you said on the video about it not standing up quite right. Would it with time wear and become more flexible in order to do this better. Also how is it pressing the buttons and also as you mentioned when you dropped it, which part of the phone did it hit.

Also for those who want your phone to unlock as you open the cover and vice versa heres a free app I found
 
Khaiyan
Old
#5  
Khaiyan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 292
Posts: 771
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyff View Post
Thanks.

Unfortunately the front flap doesn't stay closed, it's similar to the samsung galaxy flip if you've seen those.

I don't find it an issue for me but I can imagine for some it could be a problem (for example: if you were going to put your phone loose in your bag).

Cheers
That's what I thought

How does it fare in the pocket?
 
jimmyff
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 10
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mufc09 View Post
Like you said on the video about it not standing up quite right. Would it with time wear and become more flexible in order to do this better. Also how is it pressing the buttons and also as you mentioned when you dropped it, which part of the phone did it hit.
Yeah I expect it will wear in over time and should stand up upright a little better, the fold in the flip cover is still quite "springy" at the moment.

I can't say which part of the phone hit the floor when it fell as I wasn't watching whilst it happened. It probably fell from a little under a meter on to hard marble floor, it certainly made a loud bang (suggesting it hit somewhere on the hard back). The phone was still secure in the case and there is no visible sign of damage.

I have a little concern that if the phone hit floor on the very top or very bottom then there is a chance it will completely bypass the case. Although I think this is the same with most hard back cases.

Cheers
 
jimmyff
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 10
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by esskayy View Post
How does it fare in the pocket?
I find it great in front pocket. The front cover stays closed & the case doesn't add much extra bulk.
 
Khaiyan
Old
#8  
Khaiyan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 292
Posts: 771
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyff View Post
I find it great in front pocket. The front cover stays closed & the case doesn't add much extra bulk.
Excellent, thanks again for the info! Before I buy, can you tell me what color case yours is, I'm looking to buy that one
 
jimmyff
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 10
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by esskayy View Post
Excellent, thanks again for the info! Before I buy, can you tell me what color case yours is, I'm looking to buy that one
Mines the blue colour, it's a sweet case, I think you'll be pleased with it!
 
Zenzic
Old
(Last edited by Zenzic; 11th February 2013 at 07:41 PM.)
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 308
Join Date: Nov 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyff View Post
Yeah I expect it will wear in over time and should stand up upright a little better, the fold in the flip cover is still quite "springy" at the moment.

I can't say which part of the phone hit the floor when it fell as I wasn't watching whilst it happened. It probably fell from a little under a meter on to hard marble floor, it certainly made a loud bang (suggesting it hit somewhere on the hard back). The phone was still secure in the case and there is no visible sign of damage.

I have a little concern that if the phone hit floor on the very top or very bottom then there is a chance it will completely bypass the case. Although I think this is the same with most hard back cases.

Cheers
Great, are you in the UK and if so where did you order one from. I already ordered one from ebay (~nillkin_case or something) but it said it'll take between a month and month and a half. So if there's a more viable option i'll cancel that one.
It looks great this case and there is little to choose from wrt cases that have a stand.

EDIT: Trust me to order it during chinese new year :/

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes